Good News Which iPhone should I buy

@Siva Bro, If a person is waiting to buy iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini, Can he consider iPhone 11 Pro @ Flipkart which costs 76,999 (incl. SBI discount). What will be the pros of doing this bro..?
I'll go with the 12, any day. Apple made all the changes that were needed. I would have liked a 5.8 inch option in the 12 series though.

I'll go with the 12, any day. Apple made all the changes that were needed. I would have liked a 5.8 inch option in the 12 series though.
Yes. Me too. I don't like the 6.1" size phone. My only concern with the iPhone 12 Mini is the battery. Only 2227mah. Hope Apple has done better optimizations.

12 looks a bit big for me. I really hope Apple has done some good optimations with Mini. No 5g in India. 5nm processor should also help the battery.
Battery optimisation will be good. It'll definitely get you through the day.

And coming to the dimensions of 12, it's only 0.13 inch higher and 0.02 inch wider than the X. Even the weight is 10 gm lower than the X, probably due to the aluminium body. And the thickness is 0.1 inch lesser! I think it might be ok, whereas if we go with the Mini, we might feel it's too small, as it's dimensions are lower than the iPhone 6!

Battery optimisation will be good. It'll definitely get you through the day.

And coming to the dimensions of 12, it's only 0.13 inch higher and 0.02 inch wider than the X. Even the weight is 10 gm lower than the X, probably due to the aluminium body. And the thickness is 0.1 inch lesser! I think it might be ok, whereas if we go with the Mini, we might feel it's too small, as it's dimensions are lower than the iPhone 6!
I am using Galaxy S8 now and I like this size. I did not like iPhone X's width and even height. If review says iPhone 12 Mini has good battery, I would love it.

12 looks a bit big for me. I really hope Apple has done some good optimations with Mini. No 5g in India. 5nm processor should also help the battery.

It's not about 5G bro. It's because of high-end specs and low mAh.

2340x1080-pixel resolution at 476 ppi XDR Display, 625 nits (1,200 nits HDR) brightness, HDR10 Video Playback and all other things with just 2227mAh battery.

iPhone SE was with old specs and 1821mAh but still, it's hard to pull it an entire day for an average user because of this I highly doubt about 12 mini. If the battery turned out to be good it will be a miracle and mini might become the best selling device.

No 5g in India.
That is a very good point. I would be very vary of buying a new phone, just for the sole reason of 5G compatibility. The main reasons being:

1) 5G is still new, even in countries like the US, where 3 or 4 networks have already rolled out 5G. And each of these network is already differing in their deployment of 5G, with each of them opting to use either the low, mid or the high frequency (millimeter spectrum with ultra high speeds, but low coverage area) band/spectrum combo.

2) 5G networks are still far away from becoming a reality in India, with TRAI and the different networks yet to decide on the band/spectrum that are going to be used for 5G. Even the spectrum auction hasn't happened yet. So, there is no way of knowing now, which of the high frequency spectrums the networks and TRAI will eventually agree upon. iPhone 12 for example, as of now, would support the high frequency spectrum supported in the US, which may end up not being supported by the 5G networks in India.

3) Like the following article points out, your device will already be more than 2 years old when we eventually see a steady 5G network in India, which could well be in the middle of 2022, or even by the end of that year.

4) Please read the following article first, if one of your decisions for deciding on a new phone is 5G compatibility.

Excerpt from the article:

The primary obstacle is that no one knows when 5G spectrum, which is essential to roll out 5G services, will be auctioned. The government was supposed to auction some 5G spectrum in 2020, but this has been indefinitely postponed. The government had decided instead to auction some additional 4G spectrum this year, so that the operators can augment their 4G capacity (which the networks desperately need), but even that is hanging fire, and no one really knows when it will happen even with the year fast drawing to a close.
The upshot of all of this is that for phone buyers in India, 5G access looks like a distant dream. Optimistically, I would expect most of us to have meaningful 5G access by some time in 2022. Realistically, it may be longer yet. Assuming you use your smartphone for about three years on average, if you buy a 5G phone today, you may, if you’re lucky, get to use that fancy feature towards the tail end of its life span. There’s even a fair chance that you’ll be on to your next device upgrade before you even get a taste of 5G.

Link to article:
To 5G or not to 5G: In India, it's not really a question

It's not about 5G bro.
I know, and my reply is not directed at your decision. I just wanted to post a FYI on the topic. So I used Jagadeesh's post as an excuse. You don't mind, no? @Jagadeesh :)

Edit:
Now I realize that @Raviteja did not even reply to me. Perils of using an antique device to post here. Excuse me, fellows :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock