Discussion Should English content on OTT apps be dubbed in local Indian languages?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 2,337

Should English content on OTT apps be dubbed in local Indian languages?

• Total voters
1. Its futile to fight over regional language / dubbing supremacy when it comes to "English / foreign" OTT / TV. Fight over real issues.
2. You guys wont ever learn a language / new words, if you keep watching foreign content in whatever Indian language. Moreover, dubbing kills the entire feel, authenticity and spirit of a show, even if you spend on quality artists.
Not true at all. Many South Indians know like 3-5 languages and are willing to learn even more if they are respected.

But I am a big proponent of watching in original language with subs over dubbed content.

Last edited:
You have to watch everything in the original language I am a big supporter of that but the fact is if somehow Jio wants to get back the amount spend on buying the rights they have to get new audience to watch them and that means dubbing the content in other regional languages especially hindi and south indian languages

You have to watch everything in the original language I am a big supporter of that but the fact is if somehow Jio wants to get back the amount spend on buying the rights they have to get new audience to watch them and that means dubbing the content in other regional languages especially hindi and south indian languages
I know many people in rural Karnataka and Tamil Nadu who will love to watch Veep and Silicon Valley in Kannada and Tamil. Heard they are big fan of The Office and Succession too.

Not true at all. Many South Indians know like 3-5 languages and are willing to learn even more if they are respected.

But I am a big proponent of watching in original language with subs over dubbed content.
You can't help people who are imaginarily disrespected. 😂

Last edited:
You can't help people who think the disrespect is imaginary as well when they commit it openly :)
You can't help people who feels insecure. Literally, sorry I mean illiterary puts tapes over hoardings for inclusive of a third additional language. Than cry about their language being threatened by other languages. 🙂

You can't help people who feels insecure. Literally, sorry I mean illiterary puts tapes over hoardings for inclusive of a third additional language. Than cry about their language being threatened by other languages. 🙂
You can't help people who want to show they are superior over the actual people living there who made the city great by trying to force hindi onto them. They leave their crappy cities and villages behind for this southern city. And then you have people like you who champion this hindi imposition with all their might and you realize maybe they are not all right upstairs.

You can't help people who want to show they are superior over the actual people living there who made the city great by trying to force hindi onto them. They leave their crappy cities and villages behind for this southern city. And then you have people like you who champion this hindi imposition with all their might and you realize maybe they are not all right upstairs.
Nah, agree to disagree on that. Point is clear don't hate on other's language because you are imaginarily threatened over losing grip over your language. All languages can co-exist peacefully.

Last edited:
Nah, agree to disagree on that. Point is clear don't hate on other's language because you are imaginarily threatened over losing grip over your language. All launguages can co-exist peacefully.
Well how politicians will be served if they don't feel threatened by imposition of some other language which is not English :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock