OTF Exclusive Web Series, Movies & Originals Recommendations & Reviews by members

Watched Bhuvan Bam's Taza Khabar.Despite his best efforts the series is a dud.Hotstar seriously needs to rethink the content it is presenting to viewers.Off late it has been lazy and they look like banking on Sports events and some original Disney content for retaining viewrship.Honestly i can't remember anything of note in hindi served by Hotstar for its subscribers in last 1 year.

Here is my quick review of the 3 movies/series i watched over last couple of days:
1)Thank God on Prime Video
Movie has some comic moments but overall it is damp squib.Ajay Devgan is the only one to watch for in the movie as it transcends from the afterlife comedy to a social message giving movie.I will give it 4/10.
2)The Menu on Hotstar
The Menu is a dark comedy.I won't say that you can't guess the plot of the movie but it has moments of shock and surprise.It didn't bore even though i didn't find it exciting.6/10 for me.
3)Kaleidoscope on Netflix
Looks to have been inspired from the Ocean Series/Italian job.Starts of well but then the story expands too much making it a dull watch in the end.The uniqueness of the series is that the episodes can be watched in any order.7/10 for me.

Saw the first episode of The Last Of Us and my god HBO has nailed it out of the park! It’s based on the post apocalyptic survival video game of the same name, haven’t played it but people say it’s a 1:1 adaptation which is great cuz this game’s story has been rated as one of the best EVER.
It’s a weekly release so only the first episode is available but it’s 85 min long so the world building and the character setup is perfect which will only get better in next episodes, can’t wait.

Saw the first episode of The Last Of Us and my god HBO has nailed it out of the park! It’s based on the post apocalyptic survival video game of the same name, haven’t played it but people say it’s a 1:1 adaptation which is great cuz this game’s story has been rated as one of the best EVER.
It’s a weekly release so only the first episode is available but it’s 85 min long so the world building and the character setup is perfect which will only get better in next episodes, can’t wait.
One of my favorite games

One of my favorite games
Naughty Dog is known for excellent games. Personally though, I loved their Uncharted series, played them many times, however, I couldn't play through The last of us. Felt nauseated whenever I start it and play for sometime. Left it midway. I do know that it's a highly acclaimed game. Hopefully, I can watch the series and find out what I missed!!

Navalny was perfect. It gave me chills. This is one of the best documentaries CNN has ever made. Wouldn't be surprised if it wins an Oscar this year.

Hunting For Indian Mujahideen was just okayish. Everything was rushed. This kind of series needs to be a three part series atleast. You cannot put everything in a 45 minute episode.

I am trying hard to watch Dharavi Bank on MX Player.I don't have Gold subscription nor i have any intention to take one.Their app is seriously so rubbish that it totally kills any enthusiasm to watch anything.1 episode which i watched had the content only on 60% of the screen,the remaining screen space was occupied by OLX Auto Ad.The next episode was so much zoomed that in close shots i was unable to see more than 1 character.I am not even mentioning the Ads which drop randomly.It looks that the app has been developed by coders picked from roadside.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock