OTF Exclusive Web Series, Movies & Originals Recommendations & Reviews by members

Rewatched Vikings Valhalla, an unrelated sequel to Vikings. First of all it feels great back into the Vikings world. The series is decent and quite entertaining. I was waiting for something like this and am quite satisfied with it. According to Wiki, this series intends to serve as an end of Viking age. The story is good and the acting is commendable. You wont be bored.
Frankly this is the only Netflix series I've seen in past few months cause the complete 3 season story is already ordered so its sure it wont get cancelled. Relief to be honest. Plus 2nd season is coming January 12.

Watched 2 Series's on Netflix over the weekend:
1)The Recruit
Story of a rookie Lawyer CIA lawyer who unintentionally gets caught in deadly situation.Decent series which will not give you much time to think .As with most of Netflix series the ending has left scope for another season.I will give this 6/10.
2)Treason
Charlie Cox of Daredevil fame plays a MI6 operative in the series.This is a usual Spy drama which we have seen time and over.Charlie Cox still stares aimlessly in blank as if he has not come out of Daredevil mode.Nothing exciting about the series.I will give it 3/10.

Saw The Hateful Eight, a film about a bunch of bounty hunters stuck in a cabin who get caught in a plot of betrayal and deception. Just bloody amazing. It does take its peaceful time to setup the characters and the plot which all lead to the third act which is just BONKERS!! to say the least. Acting, Score, Cinematography is amazing and fabulously done and the direction, its Tarantino. Really great film. (4/5) Must watch I'd say.

Jack Ryan: Season 3: This season was really boring. Didn't enjoy at all.

Vadhandhi: Could've been a movie. Not worth 8 episodes. Story was decent.

The Peripheral: Good. But can be really confusing if you don't watch with full concentration.

Khakee: The Bihar Saga & CAT were really good. Especially CAT. Got super engrossed and finished it in one go. Note: Panjabi is the original language of the show and I recommend you to watch in the same instead of Hindi. You can fully comprehend what they are saying.

Wednesday: I wasn't familiar with Wednesday Addams or the Addam's Family and the several movies surrounding it. But I enjoyed watching Wednesday nonetheless. It was entertaining.

Alice in Borderland: Season 2: Finally after a long wait S2 is here. And it somehow managed to match the first season. A must watch.
The left out few parts from the manga. Like the Joker. They teased it at the very end. Maybe in future they might decide to make a original story based on the Joker. Or maybe it ends here itself.

5/5 ⭐. Loved how the attached all the charges of everyone involved in the failed coup. One of the breakout VICE News piece after Charlottesville.
Source

Finally watched Kantara yesterday night.It is beautifully made film which is unapologetic and remains true to its root.I can't think of a Hindi movie made in current world where the main hero would indulge in eve teasing bordering on molestation,has double meaning dialogues.But yes,this movie shows the characters without a care for these things.The story in itself is primitive but the way it has been made,the characterization,the surroundings is gorgeous.
I agree it had a eve teasing, body shaming, double meaning dialogue etc. I felt it was done deliberately to show the Shiva's character redemption towards the end of the film.

Finally watched Kantara yesterday night.It is beautifully made film which is unapologetic and remains true to its root.I can't think of a Hindi movie made in current world where the main hero would indulge in eve teasing bordering on molestation,has double meaning dialogues.But yes,this movie shows the characters without a care for these things.The story in itself is primitive but the way it has been made,the characterization,the surroundings is gorgeous.
This is what scares me. I skip most Southern movies because of this.

I agree it had a eve teasing, body shaming, double meaning dialogue etc. I felt it was done deliberately to show the Shiva's character redemption towards the end of the film.
I doubt your theory.If this was just another kannada movie no one would have bothered about it.I mean this is not out of place for a South Indian movie to have such scenes.Since,the movie became a national sensation everyone is talking about it.

This is what scares me. I skip most Southern movies because of this.
Well there are different ways of looking at it.Just because the lead actor indulges in borderline molestation doesn't mean he is promoting it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock