Breaking Warner Bros. HBO content to be available on Jio Cinema soon

Netflix will never let it happen.
I meant the sports streaming rights of Sony Liv. As Ambani Ji is picking Star's pockets, the only option is to crack the properties owned by SPSN. I know that Disney's new policy is to get rid of all third party deals and to licence own assets to others if possible.

It's Multi year deal, probably 2024 end we may get luxury price HBOs OTT Max in india.

It's Multi year deal, probably 2024 end we may get luxury price HBOs OTT Max in india.
By than Amazon will buy Max while doubling the price of Amazon Prime. 😏

Warner Bros Discovery's Max.

HBO is just a division of it.

And WBD just signed a multi-year deal with Australia's Foxtel. So I don't see them entering these markets before 2025. Maybe they will start assembling teams and producing local content. Let's see.

I meant the sports streaming rights of Sony Liv. As Ambani Ji is picking Star's pockets, the only option is to crack the properties owned by SPSN. I know that Disney's new policy is to get rid of all third party deals and to licence own assets to others if possible.
Than Sony will have nothing to show for most Sony Liv users. They invest in quality over quantity when it comes to originals. So people sticks around for sports. Sports is something that attracts paying subscribers as it's inconvenient, difficult and risky to steeam illegal streams.

By than Amazon will buy Max while doubling the price of Amazon Prime. 😏
Andy Jassy isn't interested in the Hollywood blitz and glamour like Bezos was. So if their big projects like Citadel bombs, we can see them scaling back.

Andy Jassy isn't interested in the Hollywood blitz and glamour like Bezos was. So if their big projects like Citadel bombs, we can see them scaling back.
Other way round will happen. Specially in markets like India where people are paying for Prime for content over streaming.

Warner Bros Discovery's Max.

HBO is just a division of it.

And WBD just signed a multi-year deal with Australia's Foxtel. So I don't see them entering these markets before 2025. Maybe they will start assembling teams and producing local content. Let's see.
Maybe 2024 slightly launch WBDs Max, later 2025 contents slowly moving to their Max. this HBOs and Viacom18 dealing looks interesting, even mentions they have Rights to air these contents on both digital and linear channels for next three years of this agreement run out.
nRpBfsW.jpg

They lost IPL and ISL. Next is BCCI and Premier League rights. ICC and CA rights isn't gonna attract mass sports subscribers for them.
Premier League rights isnt what it used to be they have been renewing it for the past 2 cycles at a discount for the previous cycle. Regarding BCCI we will see what happens as the tv and OTT rights will be for sale later this year

As they have mentioned clearly in the last paragraph the only reason JioCinema would have bought this would be for the subscribers as they cant possibly get any profit by getting HBO content at $130 million in India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock