OTF Exclusive Vodafone VoLTE News & update

I always how VoLTE can be a phone specific thing for some operators only! Sounds strange.o_O

According to Idea Cellular’s Rajat Mukarji there is no standard in VoLTE so each operator choose their own
We're experimenting with systems right now because these are not very standardized things right now. Particularly, for example VoLTE, the standards have not yet been finalized for it. There are different types of codex, there are types of compression devices and even handsets have to match that. So it's a complex task right now, but we're testing out things.
We can’t afford to run our network at current IUC rates: Idea Cellular’s Rajat Mukarji - ET Telecom

I think he wants to say Codec and it's the handset manufacturer duty to push updates in open market like in India where carrier does not control device software updates. And with very low profit margin mobile manufacturer does not bother about pushing thoses software updates to old phones which are already sold, so only popular old models gets those codec and then support VoLTE. All new phone will come built in support though

Getting Vodafone VoLTE in Bangalore on my honor 9 lite

e1MKCF4.jpg

Telecom service provider Vodafone today announced the roll out of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services in major cities of Uttar Pradesh, including Kanpur, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad, Faizabad, besides the state capital, and around 26,000 towns and villages in the circle.

Vodafone rolls out VoLTE services in major UP towns

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock