Breaking Kumar Mangalam Birla willing to give up his stake in Vodafone Idea to a PSU

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of Vodafone Idea, has informed the Government that the Aditya Birla Group (ABG) is willing to give up his stake in the debt-laden telco to any public or private entity who can keep the company as a going concern.

"It is with a sense of duty towards the 27 Crore Indians connected by ViL, I am more than willing to hand over my stake in the company to any entity, public sector, government domestic financial entity, or any other, that the government may consider worthy of keeping the company as a going concern. I and my team will be more than happy to work with the government to urgently explore all possible options and solutions to save the company and strengthen it in the national interest without any consideration of our private interest," Birla said in his letter dated June 7 to Rajiv Gauba, Cabinet Secretary.

Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of Vodafone Idea, has informed the Government that the Aditya Birla Group (ABG) is willing to give up his stake in the debt-laden telco to any public or private entity who can keep the company as a going concern.

"It is with a sense of duty towards the 27 Crore Indians connected by ViL, I am more than willing to hand over my stake in the company to any entity, public sector, government domestic financial entity, or any other, that the government may consider worthy of keeping the company as a going concern. I and my team will be more than happy to work with the government to urgently explore all possible options and solutions to save the company and strengthen it in the national interest without any consideration of our private interest," Birla said in his letter dated June 7 to Rajiv Gauba, Cabinet Secretary.

No one saves Vi now, otherthan Govt. as TRAI not considered Floor tariff.

Last edited:
No one saves Vi now, otherthan Govt. as TRAI not considered Floor tariff.
Vi needs some concrete measures in the near term if it has to survive. If they are unable to raise funds then they will have to liquidate their assets.

What kind of logic is this i will give up my stake to psu .... Now where in news states that is for free

He should work with his team that how are they going to pay for penalties

Vi has everything they need to become a premium network. Be the Apple of telecom networks and people will flock in. I thought Airtel would do it, but it got caught up in Jio's war

Vi has everything they need to become a premium network. Be the Apple of telecom networks and people will flock in. I thought Airtel would do it, but it got caught up in Jio's war
But they have a $30 billion debt as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock