OTF Exclusive Useful Chrome Extensions

Is it safe to use Grammarly?
Grammarly works online every text scanned by it goes to their servers for processing after which the text is disassociated from your account and then deleted. It is available on Chrome Web Store, Google Play Store and iOS app Store, if it had security issues then Google or Apple would have removed it like they do for many other apps.

Why would it not be safe to use it? It's there in the chrome web store, if it was shady google would have removed it.
I thought extension is watching what user is writing , They may copy it like how 3rd party software snooping users data, clipboard that's y I thought it is safe or not. As few users also on Quora raising concern over this extension.

I thought extension is watching what user is writing , They may copy it like how 3rd party software snooping users data, clipboard that's y I thought it is safe or not. As few users also on Quora raising concern over this extension.
I haven't signed up for a grammarly account!

Let's be practical here... Whatever you do or enter/write on internet is not secure. PERIOD.

There are tons of trackers and cookies out there which collect, store, share your information over the internet even without our knowledge and consent.

Even grammarly accepts this "officially"...

iU7iXUK.jpg

So we need to stop worrying about particular service or website or app and look at the ways to protect ourselves as much as possible and hope it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock