IndiaN

Contributor
Reaction score
My Adobe Reader Stopped Working Suddenly so Un-Installed it
Then Unable to Re-Install
Showing Below Error

R5Pf7CZ.png

Y8QGK3r.png

Had similar issues, only reinstalling windows solved it. Tried almost everything before that

Probably when you uninstalled the previous version of Adobe reader, it removed the C runtime support package as well. Download the right package from Microsoft download center and install it. And then try installing the Adobe reader. This is probably the most headache issue while installing Adobe reader. It's a "not-so-easy" issue but ofcourse we can fix it.

just check your control panel and tell me what all the VC++ distributable package you see.

Probably when you uninstalled the previous version of Adobe reader, it removed the C runtime support package as well. Download the right package from Microsoft download center and install it. And then try installing the Adobe reader. This is probably the most headache issue while installing Adobe reader. It's a "not-so-easy" issue but ofcourse we can fix it.

just check your control panel and tell me what all the VC++ distributable package you see.
Not the genuine os version so can't download from Microsoft

Not the genuine os version so can't download from Microsoft

You can download it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

However i just now had a close look at the screenshots on your post and found you don't have the Service pack 1 for windows 7. And you are trying to install Adobe reader DC which is the latest version, which needs VC++ 2013 and higher which in turn needs Win7 SP1. Hence the error.

Install and run, Adobe removal tool to remove all traces of the reader. And then try installing a previous version of Adobe reader. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock