Unable to install Windows 10

meetdilip

Reaction score
My Windows 10 got corrupted while installing an update. Now when I am trying to re-install using the latest 1909 bootable USB, the installation goes to the end and when it restarts out of the bootable media it ends corrupted. I tried multiple times and am getting errors like " unexpected error occurred ".

It will be nice if any of you know a way out. Thanks.

Did you try another bootable drive?

Yes, I had version 1803 in the same USB. Thought it could because of an old version and made a fresh bootable drive out of the same USB with 1909.

I think you need to try with another drive, just to make sure it's not the drive causing it.

I see. Currently, I have access only to this one. I will try to find another one tomorrow. But is there are other issue causing this ? Nothing is working ever since the update ended up in auto shutdown instead of completion. I tried almost every tool including reset, sfc /scannow, system restore etc

I will suggest you to download ISO file using MCT and make a bootable pendrive using rufus. If it's BIOS then select MBR, if it's UEFI select GPT.

You may also get the error due to corrupt ISO file.
Bro, what's your PC configuration? Can you post the screenshot of the error? and does it show any error code :huh:

You mentioned, "the installation goes to the end ". So, at what stage you see the error?

When you install Windows 10 using any media, you can remove the installation media at this stage (see ss 👇) , just hit restart and remove the media. Windows will continue to install after reboot. I always remove the pendrive at this stage otherwise it will start the installation process again. Windows copies all the necessary files and after this stage it doesn't require installation media.

CYhUU4S.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the ISO file is corrupted.
Do you have any portable DVD writer? Well you can download a windows 10 latest version from a reputed source. Then burn the ISO file in a dvd from other computer, then fresh install (new) it on your computer..

The symptoms you are facing , is pointing to one definite cause. BIOS got messed up somehow. Most probably the 1909 is not supported by the bios version installed in your mobo. The only solution, if it is the cause, is to flash the BIOS using a thumb drive. And then try reinstalling the OS from a bootable source.

@sumitroy bro, if during version updating of windows , if PC power goes off or Internet get disconnected then is there any chance of windows can get corrupted?
It may corrupt windows while installing update whether its cumulative or a feature update.
If internet disconnects while installing update, nothing will happen. Windows will continue to install the update.
If internet disconnects while downloading update, Windows will resume downloading the update or it'll redownload the update.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock