Unable to install Windows 10

I will suggest you to download ISO file using MCT and make a bootable pendrive using rufus. If it's BIOS then select MBR, if it's UEFI select GPT.

I created USB using freshly downloaded MCT yesterday evening.
what's your PC configuration? Can you post the screenshot of the error? and does it show any error code

4 GB RAM, i5. The error is " unexpected error occurred ".

When you install Windows 10 using any media, you can remove the installation media at this stage (see ss 👇)

It goes up to this and beyond. Once the system restarts, it goes on to normal Windows boot and they shows " unexpected error occurred "..

I always remove the pendrive at this stage otherwise it will start the installation process again.

It did boot from the HDD.

Maybe the ISO file is corrupted.
Do you have any portable DVD writer? Well you can download a windows 10 latest version from a reputed source. Then burn the ISO file in a dvd from other computer, then fresh install (new) it on your computer..

I downloaded Media Creating Tool from Microsoft website yesterday evening. It created the bootable USB and verified it after download. Thanks.

The symptoms you are facing , is pointing to one definite cause. BIOS got messed up somehow. Most probably the 1909 is not supported by the bios version installed in your mobo. The only solution, if it is the cause, is to flash the BIOS using a thumb drive. And then try reinstalling the OS from a bootable source.

Dual boot Ubuntu works fine. Also, I tried using 1803 USB to re-install around 3 times. 1803 was working fine on this PC for the last 6 months. That update messed something.

@sumitroy bro, if during version updating of windows , if PC power goes off or Internet get disconnected then is there any chance of windows can get corrupted?

It never got interrupted. At 86% it began to shut down the PC all by itself. When I restart the same thing was happening. The funny part was that Windows initiated the update by its own. Probably some bug, like before.

@meetdilip bro, delete windows partition drive, delete linux partition (if any). And then install windows.

If you have DVD drive, use bootable windows 10 dvd to clean install Windows, or use another pendrive.

If your PC has HDD, make sure it is running fine and perform S.M.A.R.T test, if possible check for any bad sectors.

If your PC has HDD, make sure it is running fine and perform S.M.A.R.T test, if possible check for any bad sectors.

1. How can I perform S.M.A.R.T test ?

2. Ubuntu > Disks > shows the HDD has 56 bad sectors. But not saying in which drive.

Since I only have Ubuntu now ( no functioning Windows to perform any check ), please tell me how to see whether the Windows drive has any bad sector and is causing this.

Thanks.

1. How can I perform S.M.A.R.T test ?

2. Ubuntu > Disks > shows the HDD has 56 bad sectors. But not saying in which drive.

Since I only have Ubuntu now ( no functioning Windows to perform any check ), please tell me how to see whether the Windows drive has any bad sector and is causing this.

Thanks.
You can try Installing windows on a newly created partition, when prompted to Format, DO NOT Choose a quick Format
The normal format process will take longer but will mark all Bad sectors so that they are not used to store data.
P.S. : On the order hand it is not at all advisable to use HDD with bad sectors.

On the order hand it is not at all advisable to use HDD with bad sectors.

From what I know, almost all in use HDDs will have some amount of bad sectors. That is normal. I am not sure how much makes it critical. Thanks.

open CMD and type this 2 commands
wmic diskdrive get status
chkdsk

Through the bootable USB ?

Each line is a separate command ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock