Unable to install Windows 10

I tried those commands

fCW580Z.jpg

qeQ6iRk.jpg

2iHIyMg.jpg

Looks like the problem is with your HDD sectors. Please format and create new partition and try to install windows.

You may also give a try to install Windows 7 and then update to Windows 10

Last edited:
I performed those commands from a bootable USB CMD. Could that be a problem ? I had to, because, I have no working Windows.

I performed those commands from a bootable USB CMD. Could that be a problem ? I had to, because, I have no working Windows.
format all the partitions, delete and create new partitions. then install windows on C: drive.

reply if anything goes wrong

Thanks for all your input. Now I think my best choice is to format the C drive and install Windows 10 on it. But I am afraid. I have Ubuntu working ( formerly dual boot ). Will Ubuntu and partition table go away with the MBR on C drive. Will other drives /partitions become inaccessible if I format C drive. What is the safe way of doing this ?

@meetdilip
Don't install windows 10 on same partition or position. You can find bad sectors location by doing a surface test of the harddisk using minitool partition manager (download latest version)
Don't create more than 2 partition on a single drive. One for windows 10 (64GB) and rest of it for another.

For duel boot os. I prefer 2nd hard drive. But before install os, you have to disconnect 1st harddrive. Otherwise boot mbr will merge.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. This is a laptop that I am using since some time. I cannot change the hardware in it. All I can do is to replace the HDD, but it is working fine for now.

Did you suggest not to use the same partition because of bad sectors ? I think that is a good argument. But if I can somehow manage to bypass the bad sectors in that 100 GB partition, I could actually use Windows 10.

It is not that I do not understand your solution. This is the hardware I got and I have to use it until it fails ( because it does everything fine now ). If there is a workaround which allows me to use Windows 10 as well, it would be great.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock