Strange Esim to Esim conversion problem Jio (iOS to Android)

dharvesh

Reaction score
Dears

I have a reliance Jio Esim configured in my iPhone XS Max and working. I wanted to transfer it to my Android device - Galaxy Z Fold 2. As mentioned in jio forums/website/customercare,

1. I first sent from my source device (ios) the GETESIM <EID> <IMEI> to 199, and then I received the virtual sim number

2. I also sent SIMCHG <simnumber> to 199 from the source device. Now comes the tricky part, I saw that in my source device (aka iPhone) - "Jio Cellular Plan ready to be installed" message, which is strange because this is not the target device. Please note I also got the message with the manual configuration details which must be entered into the android device.

3. I ignored it and waited for the confirmation message after 2 hours. I got it and I sent 1 to 183 and waited for the call. The call was received and I gave my positive consent.

4. Now I went to my target device - android galaxy Z fold 2 and manually tried to add a cellular plan. but it says, that the target profile is already in another device. (please note that I did *not*, I repeat I did *NOT* install a new profile in my source iPhone. I tried multiple times and failed and then I had to install it in my ios itself so that I can use the number again.

So basically, i was forced to do esim to esim in the same device itself.

5. Now, i thought it could be my mistake and I repeated the process 3 times (esim to esim). Every time I tried to do manual configuration in Android, it gave me an error. The last error was the contact service provider as this profile is not activated yet. but every time, I was able to install it back (forced to) in ios itself.

For some reason when the transfer of esim is done from ios to android, jio is auto-pushing profile to ios device itself without allowing users to configure in another device.

Did anyone face this issue? Is there a solution. As usual, customer care had no idea what i was talking about..

Dears

I have a reliance Jio Esim configured in my iPhone XS Max and working. I wanted to transfer it to my Android device - Galaxy Z Fold 2. As mentioned in jio forums/website/customercare,

1. I first sent from my source device (ios) the GETESIM <EID> <IMEI> to 199, and then I received the virtual sim number

2. I also sent SIMCHG <simnumber> to 199 from the source device. Now comes the tricky part, I saw that in my source device (aka iPhone) - "Jio Cellular Plan ready to be installed" message, which is strange because this is not the target device. Please note I also got the message with the manual configuration details which must be entered into the android device.

3. I ignored it and waited for the confirmation message after 2 hours. I got it and I sent 1 to 183 and waited for the call. The call was received and I gave my positive consent.

4. Now I went to my target device - android galaxy Z fold 2 and manually tried to add a cellular plan. but it says, that the target profile is already in another device. (please note that I did *not*, I repeat I did *NOT* install a new profile in my source iPhone. I tried multiple times and failed and then I had to install it in my ios itself so that I can use the number again.

So basically, i was forced to do esim to esim in the same device itself.

5. Now, i thought it could be my mistake and I repeated the process 3 times (esim to esim). Every time I tried to do manual configuration in Android, it gave me an error. The last error was the contact service provider as this profile is not activated yet. but every time, I was able to install it back (forced to) in ios itself.

For some reason when the transfer of esim is done from ios to android, jio is auto-pushing profile to ios device itself without allowing users to configure in another device.

Did anyone face this issue? Is there a solution. As usual, customer care had no idea what i was talking about..
Don't expect anything positive from CC. Better go to a Jio Store and get it done. For me SMS to 183 was not working. I was behind CC for a while and later went to a Jio Store and got it activated.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock