Discussion Jio eSIM activation experience

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 23,124
I'm facing same issue, all the steps were performed correctly but I didn't receive final and most important 32 digit activation code. Since I did the tele confirmation call where I'm supposed to type 19digit esim number to confirm, my physical sim has lost network and I didn't even get esim activation code. Am just stuck with no number currently which sucks. Only if Jio had seemless system like Airtel or Vi.
To get my problem solved I called 199 (jio customer care) and spoke to customer care representative, they said me to wait it out for another day. I hope this problem gets sorted
Out.

Same issue here. They are asking me to go to the store, which is not easy for me for many reasons. I would not have attempted this if I had known this before.

Their system is almost guaranteed not to work. They deactivate the physical SIM the moment you complete the IVR. Then they try to send the all important activation code by SMS to that number. LOL! How will the SMS be delivered to a deactivated SIM? It probably works now and then by sheer luck where the SMS manage to squeeze through the milli-second while the deactivation of the physical SIM is taking place!

There are many better ways to do this. One of them is to:

First send the activation code.
Wait for customer to activate eSIM and for the device to try to register.
Deactivate the physical SIM.
Complete the eSIM registration.

Or send the activation code to the registered email (which is mandatory for eSIM conversion).

Or simply copy the process used by Airtel or Vi, which seems to work flawlessly!

Looks like Jio is thriving on people who are not technically savvy and rely on their store people to do things for them. At any rate, I am not visiting Jio store. Will let go the number which still has 1 month of validity left. This was kind of a backup number, so no big deal. My next store visit is going to be to either Airtel Store or a competitor!

Thank you Jio!

Last edited:
Or simply copy the process used by Airtel or Vi, which seems to work flawlessly!
Is it???? Just read the post just before your current post.

In Jio, at least e-sim activation will happen without any issue if you visit the store. In Airtel (talking from my experience wrt Corp Postpaid number) it was a total disaster.
In my case, my wife has Airtel (Corp Postpaid) and Jio (Prepaid) in S20+ and tried to free the Hybrid slot to use the dedicated microSD card, by converting one number to e-sim. My first choice was Airtel as I thought they are very technically strong (had good experience with their dedicated experienced CC for COCP Corporate connections) and Airtel no is our primary number. But I was wrong, even after trying for one whole week, they can't convert the number to eSim.
It is OK, if you are not ready to visit physical store (which is the only solution wrt Jio). But don't have high hopes on Airtel as well.

Is it???? Just read the post just before your current post.

In Jio, at least e-sim activation will happen without any issue if you visit the store. In Airtel (talking from my experience wrt Corp Postpaid number) it was a total disaster.

It is OK, if you are not ready to visit physical store (which is the only solution wrt Jio). But don't have high hopes on Airtel as well.
After the failed Jio attempt, I got the Airtel eSIM working on my phone in no time without visiting the store. For me, the Airtel process seems to be bullet-proof (at least the process flow is workable), while the Jio process is almost sure to fail!

In the Airtel process all you have to do is just to send your registered email-id to 121 and then send a single digit confirmation to the same number when asked. Answer the IVR call and press a couple of keys, and they send to your email a QR code to scan. Scan using your phone, and the eSIM is added to profile, and that is it! Your physical SIM is still active while they complete the transition to the eSIM. No jumping through hoops and sending long strings of numbers like the Jio process.

Jio needs one to type in a ton of long numbers into SMS only to find your physical SIM to which the eSIM validation code is supposed to come being deactivated leaving you with no way to receive that SMS. On top of that SMS services are disabled for 24 hours before the SMS with confirmation code has time to reach you! Isn't that a fool proof way to ensure you will never get that all-important SMS with validation code? At the very least, why can't they simply send that code to your email ID?

Just want to share my first time eSim experience....I am in US and network is AT&T....got my first eSim phone yesterday which is iPhone 13 promax....I just put my old sim in new phone....then went to settings...there was an option called "convert to esim"....selected that and it was converted to esim in a few seconds....after conversion it said "physical sim can now be removed from the sim tray"....really easy.

Recently i activated jio esim on my iphone 14 pro max its process was very easy. The way it was told on the website of jio, the procedure was much easier than that, maybe jio forgot to update the website and in all the videos on youtube, the procedure is said to be very difficult, but something like this with me not done. SIM activated in very simple steps.

^ same experience jio e-sim ... i have iphone 13 .... easy-peasy ...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock