Discussion Sony LIV App & Website - News & Updates

UFC, WWE, NBA, Champions League, true ad free cricket. Yes, indeed it's a funny joke.
Leading disruptor part is definitely a big joke. You can't win on the basis of content alone. The technology also has to keep up, which sadly hasn't happened..

Leading disruptor part is definitely a big joke. You can't win on the basis of content alone. The technology also has to keep up, which sadly hasn't happened..
Which is bound to happen soon.

They were the first ever OTT app in India. While others have improved, if they can't, then they never will
In 2020 everybody is stepping up their game including Voot and Eros Now. Why not Sony? And first OTT must be Big Flix.

And first OTT must be Big Flix.
Only movies. Doesn't really count as OTT then... Moreover nobody even knows about it.
Why not Sony?
Being the first mover, it still hasn't invested much over 6.5 years, so I don't expect it to do well either...
In 2020 everybody is stepping up their game including Voot and Eros Now
Because they're investing into all aspects of their service, Sony is not..

Only movies. Doesn't really count as OTT then... Moreover nobody even knows about it.

Being the first mover, it still hasn't invested much over 6.5 years, so I don't expect it to do well either...

Because they're investing into all aspects of their service, Sony is not..
Hooq shutting down. Opens opportunities for Sony Liv. Remember that they now not only has sports. But also has access to premium services like Lionsgate Play and content from Hulu.

Why do you think they are upgrading their DRM protection? Good things are happening soon.

Last edited:
Why do you think they are upgrading their DRM protection? Good things are happening soon.
Yeah.. they surely did that for a reason.
Any chance of them getting the Hooq Shows/Movies?

Yeah.. they surely did that for a reason.
Any chance of them getting the Hooq Shows/Movies?
I think high possibility. Was shock that they didn't have the content before. It was a bad decision for Sony to start a streaming service all by themselves instead of letting SPNi do it. In a way if Hooq content is added. It will make Sony Liv extra premium. They already have rights to expensive sports and Hulu's content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock