Discussion Sony LIV App & Website - News & Updates

Sony Liv app is so not worth subscribing. High quality download of 30 minutes episodes wants 1 GB data. On top of that it downloads so slow. I am wondering even if a 1080p resolution consumes that amount of data.

Sony Liv app is so not worth subscribing. High quality download of 30 minutes episodes wants 1 GB data. On top of that it downloads so slow. I am wondering even if a 1080p resolution consumes that amount of data.
Hehe yes. But it won't matter to most broadband users. Als, the funny thing is you cant download the weekly relivs to save the data

The quality is also poop. 💩
Sound quality is even worse than Zee5.

A user who is watching only in TV have least effect of drawbacks having for mobile viewers..I am getting good pq good sound..The good thing is I can get the contents more quicker than zee5...Few titles r very very good even compared to Netflix for me as I am not watching English titles..
All depends on personal choices...

The quality is also poop. 💩
Sound quality is even worse than Zee5.
Just like Mr. Bhat said. App is fine on TV. But uses lots of data. And the app loading sound along with show loading sound is very loud. They know we got no alternatives to watch sports of rights they own. So, they don't bother fixing the app.

I only paid for WWE Network. Premium is complimentary so can't complain much. Them charging ₹999 for 2 devices is ridiculous. For a family atleast 4 devices are required. Paying ₹2k for medicore app makes no sense. Even WWE Network is capped at 1 device at a time. You are watching on TV. If there is a power cut. You gotta wait 10-15 minutes to watch on phone.

Just like Mr. Bhat said. App is fine on TV. But uses lots of data. And the app loading sound along with show loading sound is very loud. They know we got no alternatives to watch sports of rights they own. So, they don't bother fixing the app.

I only paid for WWE Network. Premium is complimentary so can't complain much. Them charging ₹999 for 2 devices is ridiculous. For a family atleast 4 devices are required. Paying ₹2k for medicore app makes no sense. Even WWE Network is capped at 1 device at a time. You are watching on TV. If there is a power cut. You gotta wait 10-15 minutes to watch on phone.
Reg the sound, it seems to be absolutely fixable. They can easily tune the sound of title vs rest of the episodes. Another weird thing is that it starts with max sound for every new video you watch. It is not dependent on device volume level or previous video volume level. These are very basic things that user should not have to point out. It is the duty of app's technical team to figure these out in testing

Reg the sound, it seems to be absolutely fixable. They can easily tune the sound of title vs rest of the episodes. Another weird thing is that it starts with max sound for every new video you watch. It is not dependent on device volume level or previous video volume level. These are very basic things that user should not have to point out. It is the duty of app's technical team to figure these out in testing
That was the thing I was talking about. When I play any video. There is a loud intro of the show. This is why I don't watch content on TV app after midnight as it disturbs the neighbour.

That was the thing I was talking about. When I play any video. There is a loud intro of the show. This is why I don't watch content on TV app after midnight as it disturbs the neighbour.
I've had my share of such instances. My ear drums were hammered once while using an in-ear type earphones. had pain for 2 days. Now I use MI on ear headphones which has a buffer, starts at 50% volume and gradually increases to 100% in 3 seconds. My task is to reduce the volume within those 3 seconds to protect my precious ears :) . Things we do for entertainment. Lol.

TV app has that intro volume issue, but atleast it doesnt have the volume level issue that mobile / Tablet app is plagued with

Well as far as I have seen every TV OTT is having different volumes..Some contents too having different volumes...Just now watched 5 episodes of Your Honour...It had bit heigh volume...Now watching Cash in D+H..It's having low volume and increased the volume in HT....I think we can do little other than increase/decrease before starting to watch...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock