Samsung M Series | Samsung Galaxy M10 - Samsung Galaxy M20 (Available on Amazon.in)

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 84
  • Views: Views 11,762
Only their own Tizen os devices are priced in that range .

Tizen is dead, it's better for samsung to exclude Google services completely in upcoming android devices and promote their own app store and services and cross subsidise those devices through those services

Tizen is dead, it's better for samsung to exclude Google services completely in upcoming android devices and promote their own app store and services and cross subsidise those devices through those services
No one will buy if they exclude Google services completely as many apps not available via Samsung store are available via Google Play store.

No one will buy if they exclude Google services completely as many apps not available via Samsung store are available via Google Play store.

But European Union verdict in android case is telling manufacturer like samsung to do exactly this, sell android without Google services.
Google will start charging Android device makers a fee for using its apps in Europe

So OEM has two option, either pay google license fee for using Google services and pass that licence cost to subscribers or save license cost and sell same android AOSP device at lower price point without google service and leave it to subscribers to install Google services for them. And I am sure in price sensitive market like india people will choose second option

It will be like buy DOS version or WIndow 10 preinstalled(with Rs 4000 extra for windows licence) version of same laptop we currently buy.

And regarding availability, it's not an issue as we can always use other store like YALP store or just side load

Last edited:
But European Union verdict in android case is telling manufacturer like samsung to do exactly this, sell android without Google services.
But isn't that case only for EU countries.
And regarding availability, it's not an issue as we can always use other store like YALP store or just side load
I have never saw any 60+ uncle's sideloading apps. They rather always keep all settings default as they are and download all apps from Play store. If it happens then things will get more complicated and problematic.

But i highly think its not going to happening. Samsung will pay all the fees and keep their tie-up with Google.

But isn't that case only for EU countries.

I have never saw any 60+ uncle's sideloading apps. They rather always keep all settings default as they are and download all apps from Play store. If it happens then things will get more complicated and problematic.

But i highly think its not going to happening. Samsung will pay all the fees and keep their tie-up with Google.

It's only for EU by law but maintaining differential pricing is tough as devices will then be transfered in other territory in grey market. So we may see Note 10 Indian verion with play store cost Rs 70K but if we import from EU then Note 10 AOSP cost will be Rs45K without google services.

Well our 60+ uncles are already side loading apps in windows devices so for them .apk instead of .exe file should not be an issue

Samsung M series devices going to receive Android Pie on August month.

oPe4uWL.jpg

Samsung has launched its new Galaxy M20 and Galaxy M10 phones aimed at millennials in India. The Galaxy M series is India first and online exclusive, which means it will be sold only via the Samsung online store and Amazon India. Samsung Galaxy M10 and M20 will go on sale starting February 5, 2019. The Galaxy M10 and M20 both come with an Infinity V notch and a dual-camera at the back.
Samsung Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 launched in India: Price, specifications

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock