Seeking Help Samsung LED TV display problem

rahul999

Reaction score
My Samsung led 46 inch 3D TV which is 7 1/2 years old got display probelm.
Problem started 3 days back.contacted customer care and service guy visited and told need to change display panel.
it costs 18k-20k. 2 years warranty on new display panel
From Samsung its only option of display replacement, no repairs will be attempted for display for this issue.
when i asked about 2nd route ...A hint, he said try a chance with local technician for repair.but not sure whether it will be fixed or not.

Is it good/safe idea to give TV to local technician...can such problems will be fixed permanently with repair ?? or those are temporary only?
If any one experienced such issue please suggest me which can be good???display panel replacement or repairing with local technician???

bok7U8B.jpg

yyjoLeW.jpg

Update:

Problem solved/repaired.Hoping for the best,long service:)

Back Lit light/LED light Strips are replaced.charged Rs 8,500.(Can be done in 5k-6k in big cities with more technicians availability)
He said out of 8 led strips, 4 are failed. for good long service he changed all 8 led strips.(for the sake of no conflict/ voltage difference between old and new strips)
geaOAgU.jpg

FGhALr2.jpg

27WuJ6M.jpg

m4LYoqT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were in your shoes, 20k with 2Years samsung warranty sounds reasonable.

My Samsung led 46 inch 3D TV which is 7 1/2 years old got display probelm.
Problem started 3 days back.contacted customer care and service guy visited and told need to change display panel.
it costs 18k-20k. 2 years warranty on new display panel
From Samsung its only option of display replacement, no repairs will be attempted for display for this issue.
when i asked about 2nd route ...A hint, he said try a chance with local technician for repair.but not sure whether it will be fixed or not.

Is it good/safe idea to give TV to local technician...can such problems will be fixed permanently with repair ?? or those are temporary only?
If any one experienced such issue please suggest me which can be good???display panel replacement or repairing with local technician???

bok7U8B.jpg

yyjoLeW.jpg

20K for panel with 2 years warranty is very reasonable.

Reason: Giving around your tv to local technician is a pain !

1. They dont repair those TV’s directly, as in they have a common point of contact(another service point or technician) who owns a proper DISPLAY related Bonding machine. So its a 2 level chain !! It might take some time to get it repaired, (You can cross check with the 1st local technician if he is going to a different person for repair)

2. No warranty will be given in most of the cases as they will be using after market spares unlike original, (not to scare you but they do make profit by doing so).

3. Believe me patch work dony for TV by local technician is half baked, not in every case though but most of them.

Justification:

I have got a Sony 49’ 4K TV imported in DEC 2019 from US to India, Turned it on and there was no image on screen but just sound ! Went around my area and realised that there are hardly 2-3 bonding machines and they dont have the spares of that TV !

Finally feb’20 end I got it repaired and it was fine until May’20 and then it starting showing horizontal Lines ! Took it to same technician and he did some patch work and it worked again !

In Nov’20 the screen went blank again and got it repaired, Display went blank again this month dec’20 !!

****If you are lucky enough, you should not face any issues with local technician or their work, but considering its panel related, my suggestion, after experiencing a lot, is to get the panel replaced by samsung itself**** Its worth it !!

As your issue is with panel, I suggest going with Samsung Customer Care. Recently my nephew broke 5 year old Samsung LED TV. The customer care person told, if u don't get any panels for that they are going to credit amount at Samsung Stores for an 65-75% equivalent of the MRP of the device. But then it's with the guy and how well you have known him. If there is an option for you like that it's worth exploring with SAMSUNG CC.

As your issue is with panel, I suggest going with Samsung Customer Care. Recently my nephew broke 5 year old Samsung LED TV. The customer care person told, if u don't get any panels for that they are going to credit amount at Samsung Stores for an 65-75% equivalent of the MRP of the device. But then it's with the guy and how well you have known him. If there is an option for you like that it's worth exploring with SAMSUNG CC.
Really 65 to 75%..
Sony only give 25% discount in mrp.

Really 65 to 75%..
Sony only give 25% discount in mrp.
It's not discount. Its compensation for the old device as they cannot fix that. My brother had 55 Inch Curved TV he bought at 1.5 lakhs. But then as I said it depends on the CC guy and availablity of Panels etc. For his case there were no panels in the State as they stopped manufacturing the unit a while ago as Curved TVs aren't that popular in India (However, its his bad luck there was a panel in India and they fixed it with that. He said if it isn't available they may get around 1lakh in store credit) . I suggested this because there is no possibile way that 3D TV is in production. So panels won't be easily available .

Last edited:
today i called CC again. i had conversation with tech engineer and he said it costs 32K.
then i asked about previously told price 18k-20k.
he replied we just told approx price on that day , today we checked in system for confirmation and the price is 32k only.
so it makes me in to dilemma again.

By the way 3D technology depends on display panel or mother board?

yes i called Service engineer again.
He said that model display panel is available and price is 32k. It takes 7-10 days for replacement.

yes i called Service engineer again.
He said that model display panel is available and price is 32k. It takes 7-10 days for replacement.

32k is too high for the panel that too for a 7+ years old TV, you can get a brand new tv(not bigger screen samsung though) but again, it completely depends on your preference like keeping the good old one running for few more years or to get a new TV with latest tech by adding few more bucks to 32K !! (Depending on your budget for TV)

If there is an option try any local “reputed” repair shops, take a suggestion from them too, like a quote for getting it repaired and if they provide any warranty (they dont but give a try) ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock