Review of my Realme 4K Google TV Stick..

To conclude, following points I have noted after using it vigorously for few days so that someone is clear in his choice.
1. Very very capable processor and 2GB ram are showing it power with very fast navigation and no lag at all.
2. No heating for me (used HDMI extender) till now and no restarting for me.
3. For me pic quality is excellent with rich color and depth with fine detailing overall. Dolby Vision is there hardware wise, but currently not there software wise, so anytime may be available depending on google and licensing, but not a deal breaker for me as I found HRD 10+ better, unless u really have a 10 bit tv panel.
4. Sound wise, no issues to me. If you use external device then also you would not regret.
5. Live tv channels shows are also can be accessed directly from recommendations, but two big ones Sony liv and Zee5 are missing as of now from recommendations. Right now, it shows recommendations from Mx player, Apple tv, Hotstar, Prime, and Netflix, but again, it is to be fixed from google tv side not from realme.
6. You can develop ur listing from anywhere through your google account from mobile, laptop or tv and u do not need to remember and u will not miss, so very handy feature as mostly we use google.

Overall very very good buy I must say and now more onus is on google tv to take it further as hardware wise I do not see any issue here. Now FTS should have only two versions, one is Full HD one at 2200 or so and other 4K max at around 4000, then only it is worth. Otherwise at 2999, this thing is a vey good buy.
If u have FHD TV then this stick is very good...Now using Realme stick in my FHD TV...
U have mistaken that FTS have only 2 versions but the 4K version stick also avail at 1st...It's now priced @2999/- only with some users getting additional offers..I have read some issues one way or other in FHD versions of FTS in this forum by users ...Anyway choice is theirs..
Volume level of Realme stick is lower than FTS 4K...We have to increase the volume in HT ...On the other hand we have to reduce the volume while watching same content in FTS 4K...Still Realme stick has good audio ..Although Realme stick tagged as 4K Its not up to the mark in 4K titles compared to FTS 4K...
All in all I suggest and feel that Realme Stick is better for FHD TV users than FTS HD stick based on FTS HD stick users feedbacks...

If u have FHD TV then this stick is very good...Now using Realme stick in my FHD TV...
U have mistaken that FTS have only 2 versions but the 4K version stick also avail at 1st...It's now priced @2999/- only with some users getting additional offers..I have read some issues one way or other in FHD versions of FTS in this forum by users ...Anyway choice is theirs..
Volume level of Realme stick is lower than FTS 4K...We have to increase the volume in HT ...On the other hand we have to reduce the volume while watching same content in FTS 4K...Still Realme stick has good audio ..Although Realme stick tagged as 4K Its not up to the mark in 4K titles compared to FTS 4K...
All in all I suggest and feel that Realme Stick is better for FHD TV users than FTS HD stick based on FTS HD stick users feedbacks...
That is what I m saying, most of the above kind of issues which you are pointing can be dealt with google tv updates, which will take care of it. Sound volume for me good and loud enough, nothing like I will complain about from a day to day use. So, first software update will be handy and is required, but I still to be found any issue directly related to hardware side, which is reassuring, as software can be updated and since google tv is being used across devices and across the globe, I am sure we are going to get many good things in future including free live tv (as in USA and other countries) and ease of use is great with this, So to me, I am finding this one better value for money at the moment.

That is what I m saying, most of the above kind of issues which you are pointing can be dealt with google tv updates, which will take care of it. Sound volume for me good and loud enough, nothing like I will complain about from a day to day use. So, first software update will be handy and is required, but I still to be found any issue directly related to hardware side, which is reassuring, as software can be updated and since google tv is being used across devices and across the globe, I am sure we are going to get many good things in future including free live tv (as in USA and other countries) and ease of use is great with this, So to me, I am finding this one better value for money at the moment.
I didn't complained but Compared with another 4K stick...
AFAIK once the hardware features done in a device then it will be same anytime....If it's a part of software then can be modified while updating sw...I have Mi Box4K which also having I think Google TV live channels app but not working ...I can find almost same features but 4K is working fine ...After the latest sw update with new Android TV booting animation as like in Realme stick it has also no DD audio ...
After comparing all 3 found that presently Realme stick is better for FHD TV users rather than 4K TV users...
Hoping it will suit for 4K TV in coming days after few updates...

My opinion will be in favour of FTS both 3rd gen Full HD and 1st Gen 4K.

Software wise and even hardware quality wise and features wise (live live tv, universal remote and complete Alexa integration) I prefer FTS
AND also with my personal experience, which I had with Remote stopped working, I would prefer FTS over Realme stick

Both in 4K FTS and 3rd Gen FTS I see better picture quality (Realme Home screen I feel looks very dull), no issues with Dolby Atmos or 5.1 and better integration of content on Home Screen and much more customisation options in settings.
Not to forgot, integration with other apps with prime channels.

I doubt Realme would be that progressive, aggressive or proactive in features with their stick. Like phones it may get new OS and timely security updates, thats all. Doubt new features and services will be introduced frequently or at all (unless its included from Google TV OS update itself for India).
Thats my opinion.
(Never used original Google TV stick from Google, so cant compare)

Last edited:
I am sure we are going to get many good things in future including free live tv (as in USA and other countries)
Thats YouTube TV service as I know, hopefully it makes way to India also, and we can integrate channels from app like FTS or Prime channels

My opinion will be in favour of FTS both 3rd gen Full HD and 1st Gen 4K.

Software wise and even hardware quality wise and features wise (live live tv, universal remote and complete Alexa integration) I prefer FTS
AND also with my personal experience, which I had with Remote stopped working, I would prefer FTS over Realme stick

Both in 4K FTS and 3rd Gen FTS I see better picture quality (Realme Home screen I feel looks very dull), no issues with Dolby Atmos or 5.1 and better integration of content on Home Screen and much more customisation options in settings.
Not to forgot, integration with other apps with prime channels.

I doubt Realme would be that progressive, aggressive or proactive in features with their stick. Like phones it may get new OS and timely security updates, thats all. Doubt new features and services will be introduced frequently or at all (unless its included from Google TV OS update itself for India).
Thats my opinion.
(Never used original Google TV stick from Google, so cant compare)
Since you have a bed experience with remote so you are justified in your stand but same way I also had issues with FTS in starting and I had to change it twice and then ended up getting my money back and then again after one year I bought it again as there were no other options. So it can vary person to person. No doubt FTS is very good product and had made a mark at a right time in India, but unlike phone here, mostly updates are to be done from google and experience will get even better as on hardware side, nothing more can be done. Even on FTS, their software calibration is the main thing, which make difference. So let us see so far so good for me and I am keeping my fingers crossed and betting on google tv team!!!

Since you have a bed experience with remote so you are justified in your stand but same way I also had issues with FTS in starting and I had to change it twice and then ended up getting my money back and then again after one year I bought it again as there were no other options. So it can vary person to person. No doubt FTS is very good product and had made a mark at a right time in India, but unlike phone here, mostly updates are to be done from google and experience will get even better as on hardware side, nothing more can be done. Even on FTS, their software calibration is the main thing, which make difference. So let us see so far so good for me and I am keeping my fingers crossed and betting on google tv team!!!
You were able to exchange it twice and get a refund.. Thats one of the factors too (customer satisfaction or service ) for FTS. We can say its Amazon's own product, but what matters that they are able to provide good service and immediate replacement or refund

On the other hand, my replacement request (not even return) is still not approved. If I wouldn't have resolved the issue myself, I would have been still waiting is misery.

Yes most of the updates are provided by Google, but it has to be optimised and pushed by the hardware vendor. Same in case with Phones or TV.

I bought Realme to experience Google TV. Thats all was my purpose.
The issue with remote... I won't count that against the Realme stick, it might be one of the rare experience I had like you had with FTS initially.

Hopefully Realme me would be able to bring update and new features.

As of now, I moved back to using FTS4K on 2nd TV

You were able to exchange it twice and get a refund.. Thats one of the factors too (customer satisfaction or service ) for FTS. We can say its Amazon's own product, but what matters that they are able to provide good service and immediate replacement or refund

On the other hand, my replacement request (not even return) is still not approved. If I wouldn't have resolved the issue myself, I would have been still waiting is misery.

Yes most of the updates are provided by Google, but it has to be optimised and pushed by the hardware vendor. Same in case with Phones or TV.

I bought Realme to experience Google TV. Thats all was my purpose.
The issue with remote... I won't count that against the Realme stick, it might be one of the rare experience I had like you had with FTS initially.

Hopefully Realme me would be able to bring update and new features.

As of now, I moved back to using FTS4K on 2nd TV
Here as well there is 15 days replacement policy bro. First you have to make replacement and after that even same issue continues then you will get option of refund. Frankly, we still do not know what will happen, but I am talking about money I paid and what I got and here for me it is value for money, software is different matter. For the first time, FTS has come up with good hardware, though still 8 gb space, but demanding bomb for it and 6.5k is not justified. So for me choice was simple either to upgrade to 4k max or take this one. So it was very easy to choose at this price. Though, it is other thing that still people are giving negative comments for FTS 4k max as not finding it value for money. So FTS 4k max at 4000rs would be best followed by real me 4k at 2999.

Rest it depends choice to choice!!!

Nothing is perfect in this world...Every device have different experiences...Sony the best available TV as seen in the world...Me too had hands on Sony TV and Sony HT...Yes it's best...But I had bad experience on both of this..Still I feel it's best but never buy again....It's bcoz of my personal bad experiences...This doesn't mean Sony is not good...
Everyone has different experiences on a single brand device...
Same applies to Realme stick and FTS...It depends on users mindset like different picture and audio settings according to his comfort zone...

Here as well there is 15 days replacement policy bro. First you have to make replacement and after that even same issue continues then you will get option of refund. Frankly, we still do not know what will happen, but I am talking about money I paid and what I got and here for me it is value for money, software is different matter. For the first time, FTS has come up with good hardware, though still 8 gb space, but demanding bomb for it and 6.5k is not justified. So for me choice was simple either to upgrade to 4k max or take this one. So it was very easy to choose at this price. Though, it is other thing that still people are giving negative comments for FTS 4k max as not finding it value for money. So FTS 4k max at 4000rs would be best followed by real me 4k at 2999.

Rest it depends choice to choice!!!
No bro, I am not doubting at all choice for Realme stick, I bought it myself :D.
Everyone has there own personal preference and perception
Infact several times (few times may be in this thread) I said FS4k Max is not worth the price. And I recommend FS4k 1st Gen for its current price in offer.
Even several times I said, Fire TV 4k cube not worth too.
Any of friend, I ask them to wait till sale if they want to buy Any Amazon product :D

FS4k max is new product, so like always Amazon will keep it in higher price initially and then it should be available in discounted price in next sale. May be less than 4000 would be worth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock