Review of my Realme 4K Google TV Stick..

better than fire tv stick 4k? and I have only HDready tv. is this device will be benefecial for me or Should I cancel the order and go for Firetv stick 3rd gen(2021) which is also cheaper than this
Not better than f.s 4k...but f.s 4k based android 7
No update again this device...
My point of view go with f.s 3rd generation..
Chinese brand not good for long...

better than fire tv stick 4k? and I have only HDready tv. is this device will be benefecial for me or Should I cancel the order and go for Firetv stick 3rd gen(2021) which is also cheaper than this
I didn't used latest firetv stick...So can't say....FTS 4K is the better choice...

@Optimus_Prime bro If you aren't planning to buy 4k tv soon, then go with Firetv 3rd gen
I have 3rd gen FS too and its really good specially with new remote.
If planning for 4k tv, go with FS4k (1st gen. Is sufficient, and max version I feel is over priced)

Pros of FS:
1. Better Amazon software support, functions, and frequent updates

2. Live Tv integration from apps in home interface
3. Universal remote to control basic functions of tv, like power and volume, changing input (thru voice). I am already missing this after changing FS to Realme stick in my 2nd TV.. also can use voice search to directly tune to live channels by name. Also can program Universal remote to control home theatre etc. In short vast options to customize universal remote.

4. Better voice search and assistance. Its rare, Alexa on remote disappoints. It integrate well with apps and peovide relevant search results. On other hand most of the time Google assistant voice search results are video from YouTube. For example, I gave up asking it to open fancode app, always showed some random results from youtube. No such silly issues with Alexa.

Last edited:
Yes it's heating at level that we notice
No random reboots as of now
I think these heating is normal...stick is working by connecting charger...Always chargers bound to produce heat...The same in mobile too...But to certain level only...

For me no heating issues except normal one, which is common with all and also yesterday I kept it running for hours as other members were using while that but not a single time it rebooted. Yes software wise at this time, FTS is ahead but on hardware point of view, it is very good.

But deal breaker for me as well is that live tv section we have with FTS....

By the way at Flipkart as far as mobile items are concerned, every one must be aware that only replacement is possible and not refund. So be aware. So if anyone taking it just for try, pls stay away.

Last edited:
I think these heating is normal...stick is working by connecting charger...Always chargers bound to produce heat...The same in mobile too...But to certain level only...
I find a bit higher temperature that FS4K, like I said, heating level that I noticed when I touched after running it for several hours.
But yes nothing severe

I find a bit higher temperature that FS4K, like I said, heating level that I noticed when I touched after running it for several hours.
But yes nothing severe
I think u have connected the stick directly to HDMI port...This may increase the temperature by in direct contact with TV...If it's direct connected then use HDMI extender so then stick won't effect the heat of TV...
Have a try..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock