Discussion Reliance JioFiber FTTH Internet Service - Queries & General Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 770
  • Views Views: Views 189,431
Any one from mumbai has any idea when they are going to launch services in mumbai even testing one

or anyone from mumbai using it

According to a report on India Today, there is a set of leaks that have come out in the media talking about the pricing of Jio GigaFiber. According to leaks, the base plan will offer speeds of 50Mbps and will be available for Rs 600 per month. The 100Mbps plan that has been available to Preview subscribers is expected to cost Rs 1,000 per month.

Jio GigaFiber could be the cheapest broadband service in India if the leaked prices are to be believed. Jio could also offer complimentary access to Jio's HomeTV service and a landline connection.

It will all go down to the data limit set per plan. If we get to use 100-200 GB in a go, then Jio fibernet is a game changer.

I can see a booming eSports industry in India if this happens

It will all go down to the data limit set per plan. If we get to use 100-200 GB in a go, then Jio fibernet is a game changer.

I can see a booming eSports industry in India if this happens
100-200GB isn't enough man. If they do give that much then they should reduce the prices of data top ups which apparently they will definitely introduce. As for booming eSports industry, that will take quite a while. Here people are spending 35k on phones when they can easily buy a decent gaming build for that price.

Lack of awareness is common in our country which will take years to be sorted. Also, the trials of Jio gigafiber has not been very successful atleast with the gamers. Many are reporting anywhere between 50-100ms ping to the nearest server which is definitely not a good sign for gaming.

If they are going to provide just 100gb data pre FUP, then I will stick to my current ISP, though it's just 5mbps but it's truely unlimited without any limit. I alone use 150gb+ plus data and we are 7 family members, all of them internet addicts

Yayy! More PUBG players.
Tell us how many actually play on PC? Very less. This has to change. I'm seeing people play on emulator despite being able to afford the steam version. Indian YouTube gamers are a curse for the society. Other than a handful of gamers most are busy playing with emulators and promoting it and the viewers are demanding more.

Tell us how many actually play on PC? Very less. This has to change. I'm seeing people play on emulator despite being able to afford the steam version. Indian YouTube gamers are a curse for the society. Other than a handful of gamers most are busy playing with emulators and promoting it and the viewers are demanding more.

Q2GP11H.png

If they are going to provide just 100gb data pre FUP, then I will stick to my current ISP, though it's just 5mbps but it's truely unlimited without any limit. I alone use 150gb+ plus data and we are 7 family members, all of them internet addicts
How much are you paying currently? Are the pings good?

Back
Top Bottom