Breaking Reliance Jio Fiber to launch on 5th September, Welcome Offer Announced

Looks like GigaTV service is not there. Couldn't find the Jio TV app in the apps section when they were showing demo.

I feel it's gonna only be limited to OTT content and then those areas which are connected by Jio MSO like Hathway DEN can get their cable TV service

No mention of Giga TV even when they showed demo of the STB
Yes Bro. Looks Like We Should Connect MSO/LCO's To Jio's 4K STB.

Yes, I think there is change in strategy by jio after Trai new tarrif rule. Now they will not launch service under Giga tv name but collaborate with local cable operators for TV.

Yes Bro. Looks Like We Should Connect MSO/LCO's To Jio's 4K STB.

Yes. I feel after TRAI new tariff order, Jio must have changed their IPTV plans. And do collaboration with MSO in which they have stake like Hathway and den.

So one will have to pay extra for TV channels

Yes. I feel after TRAI new tariff order, Jio must have changed their IPTV plans. And do collaboration with MSO in which they have stake like Hathway and den.

So one will have to pay extra for TV channels
September 5th Is Less Than 25 Days. They Could Have Announced Today Itself. New Event On Sept 5..?

September 5th Is Less Than 25 Days. They Could Have Announced Today Itself. New Event On Sept 5..?

No. They spoke if Giga Voice that is calling service. But no word on TV channels. Only OTT they spoke which will come along with Giga fiber plans.

I feel the TV service plans have been cancelled

No. They spoke if Giga Voice that is calling service. But no word on TV channels. Only OTT they spoke which will come along with Giga fiber plans.

I feel the TV service plans have been cancelled
Let's Wait And See. Less Than 25 Days.

They're claiming that they will work along with Cable operators whereas LCOs claimed that Jio was going to end all their businesses. Mukesh also said that customers will get uninterrupted access to their services without any disruption which clearly means Hathway, DEN and GTPL will continue offering cable TV services. I just wonder what will happen to broadband services which are also provided by all 3 of these. Will it continue along with Jio Fiber?

Also, 700 a month excluding gst is too much for most Indians. They could have thought of a 50mbps plan for around 500 price range since there are already many ISPs that provide better plans than these. Nothing too exciting announced. If they let lcos handle their infrastructure then depending on your lco it will either be a great experience or a disaster.

They're claiming that they will work along with Cable operators whereas LCOs claimed that Jio was going to end all their businesses. Mukesh also said that customers will get uninterrupted access to their services without any disruption which clearly means Hathway, DEN and GTPL will continue offering cable TV services. I just wonder what will happen to broadband services which are also provided by all 3 of these. Will it continue along with Jio Fiber?

Also, 700 a month excluding gst is too much for most Indians. They could have thought of a 50mbps plan for around 500 price range since there are already many ISPs that provide better plans than these. Nothing too exciting announced. If they let lcos handle their infrastructure then depending on your lco it will either be a great experience or a disaster.

Absolutely. That means DTH operators won't get affected by this.

And Rs 700 is for the base tariff which includes broadband+landline. For TV channels one may need to pay Rs 153 and then extra for pay channels or packs.

So say I take Rs 700 for GigaFiber + Rs 300 for TV channels provided by their partner lco do total will be Rs 1000

Even me too feel the same. I stay at costal area we have constant cyclones. Cable wires can get easily destroyed outage of service will happen. 700 for customer is expensive. Many of them wants only tv services instead of internet and landline. They would have thought about them

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock