Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box - News & Updates

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 548
  • Views: Views 155,180
If you are opting for prepaid connection, installation charges are ₹1500 whereas if you are opting for postpaid connection, you need to pay 6 months advance rentals and the installation will be free of charge. In both the cases, set-up box will be free if you are opting for add-on OTT plans (₹100 & ₹200 plans).
(Edit) If one needs OTT plans along with the jio fiber connection, the only way is to opt for jio postpaid connection. For existing prepaid users, one can change the prepaid plan to the postpaid plan, and by selecting one of the OTT plans, one will be getting a free setup box.

Why Discovery Channels are not available in Jio STB Live TV tab but can watch in discovery plus app

Hi friends, I've a query.
Recently I've taken Jio Fiber 699 plan (3M). Since I already have Tata Play Binge+ 4K STB with high balance, I didn't take the free Jio STB. I also subscribed to 1yr plan for almost all major OTT.
If I opt for Jio STB, what's the benefits?
*Are TV channels free?
*What type of STB I'll get?
*Are OTT pack (100/200) subscription mandatory?
My TV is Sony 4K 3D 55" (2014 model).
Thanks in advance.

Hi friends, I've a query.
Recently I've taken Jio Fiber 699 plan (3M). Since I already have Tata Play Binge+ 4K STB with high balance, I didn't take the free Jio STB. I also subscribed to 1yr plan for almost all major OTT.
*Are TV channels free?
*What type of STB I'll get?
*Are OTT pack (100/200) subscription mandatory?
My TV is Sony 4K 3D 55" (2014 model).
Thanks in advance.
If you should opt postpaid with OTT add on Rs 200, then Jio STB will be free, but not mandatory.

If you should opt postpaid with OTT add on Rs 200, then Jio STB will be free, but not mandatory.
Didn’t understand what you said, maybe I failed to present my query properly.
My plan is postpaid but needed to pay ₹2474.46 upfront (3M @₹699+ GST). During installation, they asked me why I don’t want the ‘Free STB’. They also informed, I can get it free whenever I want to. Then come these questions.
*Is OTT subscription (₹100/200) mandatory?
*Which channels I can watch without spending any extra?
*Is the STB 4K compatible?
*Can I stream any OTT which I have subscribed separately?

Didn’t understand what you said, maybe I failed to present my query properly.
My plan is postpaid but needed to pay ₹2474.46 upfront (3M @₹699+ GST). During installation, they asked me why I don’t want the ‘Free STB’. They also informed, I can get it free whenever I want to. Then come these questions.
*Is OTT subscription (₹100/200) mandatory?
*Which channels I can watch without spending any extra?
*Is the STB 4K compatible?
*Can I stream any OTT which I have subscribed separately?
1. For postpaid subscription not mandatory. But if you take that 'free STB' then ott subscription of either 100/200 is mandatory.
In prepaid You can get that free STB but for that you should go for 999pack.

2.nothing. for stb ott subscription of 100/200 is must.
3. Yes.
4. Ofcourse.
While you having 4K STB already and almost all ott apps with 1 year validity then no point of getting that free jio STB, beleive me the Quality of the STB is so substandard.

Last edited:
1. You don't have to track multiple ott subscription separately. Here all comes (well almost all) under one bill.
2. It can replace your regular set top box or conventional dth/cable if you are not tv addict person, just consume tv for news or Sports.
3. It can simplify your tv. Just connect stb with tv. No more wire. No incoming cable to set top box.
4. No need to pay separately to dth, broadband, land phone, ott apps. Again everything comes under one bill.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock