OTF Exclusive Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box (Cable TV) Pictures - First on Net

As expected, this article got picked up by ET telecom, BGR, Times now, Indian express, India today, Business today, Digit, Aaj Tak, Dainik Jagran. Good exposure for Dream DTH

Last edited:
ar
so dth users will have to move back to cable tv providers like den/ hathway/ gtpl/ gtpl-kcbpl for getting a jio connection now on. No direct jio dth fiber connection will be available without the support of cable tv providers.
are you sure GTPL KCBPL also give JIO STB to their users ? they did not give online portal to them.

Last edited:
are you sure GTPL KCBPL also give JIO STB to their users ? they did not give online portal to them.
For users who are only cable TV subscribers of Hathway, Den and GTPL will continue to have the normal self branded STB. For subscribers of Jio fiber who opt for the base plans which are data and voice only, without TV service will not get any STB. Only for subscribers who opt for Jio fiber plans which bundle TV offering, those will get the new hybrid STB. So no, existing GTPL subscribers who are continuing with only cable without jio fiber connection will not get this STB, neither will all Jio fiber subscribers who want a data only plan be forced to get the cable connection of Hathway, GTPL or Den.

correct me if I am wrong , since Tv offerings are provided by Ril stake holding cable DEN/GTPL/Hathway whenever they have cable cut/power outage jio tv will be affected ?

correct me if I am wrong , since Tv offerings are provided by Ril stake holding cable DEN/GTPL/Hathway whenever they have cable cut/power outage jio tv will be affected ?

YES, Jio TV app on the STB directly takes u to live TV (DEN/Hathway/GTPL). So if there is a power cut at LCO place, then one wont get TV channels.

IMO, they are unnecessarily complicating the already existing simple setup. If IPTV isn't involved, let the cable be the cable and give broadband separately.

But they want to provide their services under 1 umbrella. So whose wanting to take their Fiber Broadband + Telephone + CableTV can do so. Its taking all 3 services from 1 company.

But they want to provide their services under 1 umbrella. So whose wanting to take their Fiber Broadband + Telephone + CableTV can do so. Its taking all 3 services from 1 company.
Thats also what everyone wants, but it shouldn't have been as complicated as they made it. All the services should have been provided by Jio itself without any dependency on LCO/MSO. In other words, IPTV could have made this a lot lot better

Thats also what everyone wants, but it shouldn't have been as complicated as they made it. All the services should have been provided by Jio itself without any dependency on LCO/MSO. In other words, IPTV could have made this a lot lot better

All are being provided by Jio itself. DEN/Hathway/GTPL are Jio owned companies. LCO is needed as they have the last mile connectivity.

Another issue is which @Esmail spoke of in this article is that "It is worth noting that earlier Jio had plans of launching Tv services as IPTv riding on its own fiber internet service through the Jio Tv app installed in its Android based STB. Later Jio faced severe resistance from local cable operators (LCOs) who would lose their livelihood as people would disconnect cable connections and move to Jio's IPTv service. LCOs could indulge in fiber cutting and damage Jio's infrastructure in order to safeguard their business. As a solution to this problem, Jio earlier this year bought majority stakes in Hathway, GTPL and Den which are major Multi System Operators (MSOs)."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock