Discussion Reliance Jio AirFiber set-top box related discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Jio Lover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 99
  • Views Views: Views 9,741
You can check all the parameters of your Set-top Box (STB), like STB connectivity status, video resolution, RAM/ROM utilization, etc., using the ‘Run Diagnostics’ feature. Please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Open the MyJio app on your mobile
Step 2: Select ‘Fiber’ from the top menu
Step 3: Tap on ‘JioCare’ from the bottom bar and go to ‘Run Diagnostics’
Step 4: Select ‘Set-top Box device health’ and tap on ‘Run Diagnostics’
Step 5: If any issue is detected, tap on ‘Fix now’

But if stb not connected to internet itself then how to run diagnostic..I tried now it said stb is offline

But if stb not connected to internet itself then how to run diagnostic..I tried now it said stb is offline
My uncle's Jio Fiber ONT was showing offline status for a few hours on day one of installation

Then it automatically got corrected. Just keep the STB and ONT powered off for some time, since you are using alternative source to watch TV now.

Just out of curiosity, could this issue caused by 2.4ghz network...when I search in network, it shows only one ssid unlike traditional router..my mobiles devices are connected to 5ghz band but the stb shows 2.4ghz only in the list post update and it is in ground floor too..wondering if there is way to set password for 2.4ghz band

I rebooted my ont and stb today, but it was showing same error , so I shared my mobile hotspot and it connected with password successfully but still failed to connect to 2.4ghz jio network, after sometime it started showing the 5ghz network and I was able to connect with same password ..so my conclusion is there is issue with 2.4ghz network with the stb. I saw some comments in YouTube videos too with same issue.

Coming to the stb review..here it goes
Bug:
1. Resolution is getting reset after every reboot..my tv is 4k but channels picture appears blurr like binge+, so even if I set to 1080p , it is getting reset to 4k resolution after reboot.

2. If the network speed is low, quality of the channels getting reduced and worst part is there is no setting to control the video quality.

Pros:

Navigation and channel switching is faster
Better audio and picture quality in some channels.

Cons ( many 😞):
1. Picture quality of many channels are not upto mark, it cannot match binge+ quality except Zee 5 and sony liv channels, those appear sharper than binge+
2. Audio is not Dolby but tv conversion is acceptable
3. Redirection is not smooth..parents can't use it.
4. Two ads on every reboot and even during channel play, again ads
5. Tv Gujarat 1,2....coming in between while changing channels (ch +-)..feels like Gujarat paying them to show the channels
6. You cannot watch ott in mobile unless you watch the same ott in the stb in every billing cycle..this is not fair policy, indirectly they are forcing to use jio stb to use the ott in other devices
7. Box does not support 2.4ghz network of jio fibre but 2.4ghz through mobile hotspot works fine.

8. Channel starts playing on just navigating the logo , I feel this is wastage of bandwidth..it should play only after clicking ok button on the channel.

As of now it can't match dth but situation might change after IPTV launch but they still need to implement fav channels and fix the resolution bug

I missed one more con
Sony channels are not showing the channel logo..I tried Sony max2, set hd and Sony max hd.
Also not sure why sony max hd picture size was in box format 4:3 ratio

I missed one more con
Sony channels are not showing the channel logo..I tried Sony max2, set hd and Sony max hd.
Also not sure why sony max hd picture size was in box format 4:3 ratio
They're digital channels. not an dth feed.

Cons ( many 😞):
1. Picture quality of many channels are not upto mark, it cannot match binge+ quality except Zee 5 and sony liv channels, those appear sharper than binge+
2. Audio is not Dolby but tv conversion is acceptable
3. Redirection is not smooth..parents can't use it.
4. Two ads on every reboot and even during channel play, again ads
5. Tv Gujarat 1,2....coming in between while changing channels (ch +-)..feels like Gujarat paying them to show the channels
6. You cannot watch ott in mobile unless you watch the same ott in the stb in every billing cycle..this is not fair policy, indirectly they are forcing to use jio stb to use the ott in other devices
7. Box does not support 2.4ghz network of jio fibre but 2.4ghz through mobile hotspot works fine.
8. Channel starts playing on just navigating the logo , I feel this is wastage of bandwidth..it should play only after clicking ok button on the channel.
1. You need to change tv display setting.
2. in jiostb, only 2.1 pcm available. dolby not available for now.
3. for channel redirection, u need to press yellow button.
4. while boot ad play, you can click home after 10-15sec.
5. You can filter language in tv guide by press red buttton.
6. All OTT's are acceesible in other devices except jiotv+ in mobile.
7. You need to update 2.4ghz ssid settings in my jio app.
8. Channels + , - are working fine. don't need to press O.K for every channel.

1. You need to change tv display setting.
2. in jiostb, only 2.1 pcm available. dolby not available for now.
3. for channel redirection, u need to press yellow button.
4. while boot ad play, you can click home after 10-15sec.
5. You can filter language in tv guide by press red buttton.
6. All OTT's are acceesible in other devices except jiotv+ in mobile.
7. You need to update 2.4ghz ssid settings in my jio app.
8. Channels + , - are working fine. don't need to press O.K for every channel.
Thanks

1. I tried all picture settings, quality of fta or colors channels are not upto mark and like I said if network speed is slow, quality getting changed automatically.no manual control

6. The website also clearly says you need to use the ott atleast once in the stb every billing cycle and then only you can use in any other device..check point no 3
Source : How do I access OTT Apps on other Devices (Mobile/Tablet/Laptop) using JioFiber OTT Subscription

7. There are not much settings for 2.4ghz or even in the router admin page..pls enlighten me which setting I need to change for stb to work properly..with same settings, my mobiles are able to use 2.4ghz band but in stb it is always showing invalid password for 2.4ghz but accepting same password for 5ghz band (low strength )

8. In the homescreen, if you scroll through the channels logo it start playing automatically

Back
Top Bottom