Reliance AGM 2018 | July 5th

There is no need to launch DTH, as Jio will be giving out TV, broadband and other interactive services thru the same wire. This is being used abroad since many years.

However DTH will continue to be a competitor, Cable MSO may face the heat
Cable mso have most user paying around 250-300 max.Jio ftth and giga will be costly.
We will see that in a year or two who faces the heat.Cheap cable will not be affected thats for sure.But can they both survive with lack of high revenue users is the question we will get answer in forthcoming months.

Last edited:
Cable mso have most user paying around 250-300 max.Jio ftth and giga will be costly

We will see that in a year or two who faces the heat.Cheap cable will not be affected thats for sure.But can they both survive with lack of high revenue users is the question we will get answer in forthcoming months.

How long can cable be cheap ??? they do have expenses, Every year more and more new SD and HD channels are launched and its difficult for these small MSO to add these channels. So why will a person who wants new channels stick to cable ???

With people shifting from cable to FTTH/DTH, it will become inevitable for small MSO to sustain as their income will decrease due to lesser customer, so they would remove channels to save money.

How long can cable be cheap ??? they do have expenses, Every year more and more new SD and HD channels are launched and its difficult for these small MSO to add these channels. So why will a person who wants new channels stick to cable ???

With people shifting from cable to FTTH/DTH, it will become inevitable for small MSO to sustain as their income will decrease due to lesser customer, so they would remove channels to save money.
Ha ha ha.DTH failed in 4k but giga tv will give it a new life.So people wanting more channels as well as in higher resolution will move to Jio giga tv.But thats not the story of average indian.Average indian wants entertainment at cheap cost which cable provides.They don't want additional or new channels but want only the top rated channels.I get 5 sports channel in my pack of 280 rs which no dth provides for ROi region.
You may argue with 99- 200rs dth also have low packs.But can they survive with these users? I have yet hear any news on satelite cost coming down for DTH providers.

Edit:Cheap cable is actually targeted by Jio mobile itself only.

Last edited:
First DTH rates in big city will crash as Jio gigafibre penetrate homes of big cities first as for residents of big city spending Rs4500 for new Jio box is easy as broadband will be minimum 3 months free or may be extended much more months just like Jio Sim.Then Airtel may be offering free DTH box to current Airtel broadband susbcribers or may offer DTH box for Rs1000 with three months pack free to make this box fully free or offer current internet TV box for Rs4500 like what Jio fibre is charging now and give channels for 12 months all channels free.This is my imagination of impact of Jio giga fiber.Dish TV/Tatasky /D2h will be thinking how to counter Jio fiber by offering new DTH boxes clubbing 3-6 months free all channels free for payment of Rs1200-1400 per box instead of Rs1800-2000 present rate of new Set box now and slashing monthly charges for all channels from Rs800-900 to maximum Rs350-400(Airtel is already offering all SD/HD channels for Rs482(Rs5801 per year) in their monthly infinity pack) and SD channels to Rs200-250

Last edited:
I just got to know that 501 rs exchange offer for old feature phone users will get new jio phone 2 ....and in this old feature phone means old model of jio phone not all company devices ..in other words its upgrade offer from old jio phone to new jio phone

Bro m unable to find monsoom hungama offer on my jio app or website
App or website yet to update wait till that

I just got to know that 501 rs exchange offer for old feature phone users will get new jio phone 2 ....and in this old feature phone means old model of jio phone not all company devices ..in other words its upgrade offer from old jio phone to new jio phone

No wrong

Btwn from where u got this info ??

Last edited:
Wrong news

Btwn Jio Monsoon offer starts from 21st July not end in July 21st

Last edited:
But bro its true only jio phones ll be applicable for this exchange offer
No i watch full speech of Mr.Mukesh he clearly said "Any feature phone user can exchange their phone & get Jio phone at Effective price of ₹501"

what does it mean ??

Btwn what is the specification difference from Jio phone & Jio phone 2 ?? Nothing

Its just a keypad & horizontal screen like blackberry model that's it

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock