Discussion Planning To Subscribe 1499 Plan (For Netflix)

I have now upgraded Netflix from Basic to Premium.

The difference amount was as expected. Rs.300/month (no additional GST).

Interestingly though, I had to make the payment to Jio, and not to Netflix as I had expected.

The payment was requested for the whole validity period. Meaning, until the Jio Fiber's 1499 plan ends for me (13 months).

So I had to pay Rs.3870 for 13 months of Netflix Premium.

I had recharged the 1499 plan a few days back (Aug 27). Thus, the payment amount was reduced by Rs.30.

In case if I had done the upgrade on Aug 27th itself, the payment amount would have been the full Rs.3900.

Bump:
Jio Fiber has finally arrived in my locality in Bangalore.Facing Dilemma whether to switch from ACT to Jio Fiber or not.Currently i am on ACT 1249 plan(GST included).I have Prime subscription till April 2022,Hotstar till March 22,Sony Liv till July 22,Voot till Nov 21 and pay monthly subscription fee for Netflix premium.Is it worth switching from ACT to Jio Fiber for me?How is the Jio Fiber internet reliability?

Bump:
Jio Fiber has finally arrived in my locality in Bangalore.Facing Dilemma whether to switch from ACT to Jio Fiber or not.Currently i am on ACT 1249 plan(GST included).I have Prime subscription till April 2022,Hotstar till March 22,Sony Liv till July 22,Voot till Nov 21 and pay monthly subscription fee for Netflix premium.Is it worth switching from ACT to Jio Fiber for me?How is the Jio Fiber internet reliability?
Just one word excellent, even in a tier 2 city. Using it since December 2020 and haven't faced any downtime or speed drop till now.

Bump:
bro , Rushil bro might be right about their service in some areas or regions in the country . still it would be better if you wait for some time and ask other neighbors or people using jio broadband in neighborhood as in some areas in Bangalore there are complaints regarding slow speed compared to promised speed and customer service etc. after consulting only then decide on switching that would be my suggestion.

Bump:
I would make an informed decision based on the following:

1) Prime subscription from Jio is a one time only offer (for 1 year only). You will have to subscribe on your own after this 1 year.

2) Before Hotstar changed its plans, only Hotstar VIP (not Premium) was provided as part of the Jio Fiber plans. Now, the Jio app mentions of just a Hotstar plan. I am not sure if this is the old VIP plan or the new Super plan (but limited to only one login at a time). Bottom line, be informed that any Hotstar plan provided by Jio might not be upgradable to Hotstar Premium by paying the difference amount. If you want Premium, you'll have to subscribe on your own by paying the full amount (Rs.1499).

3) Sony LIV Premium subscription from Jio should work fine.

4) Voot Select subscription from Jio is confined to the JIO STB. You cannot watch it on any other devices.

5) Netflix Basic subscription is provided as part of Jio's 1499 plan. Note that 1499 is not inclusive of GST. So it is (1499 + 18% GST).

That said, Jio makes it easier on us by letting us upgrade from Netflix Basic to Netflix Premium by paying an additional Rs.300/month (no GST for this), or from Netflix Basic to Netflix Standard by paying an additional Rs.150/month (no GST).

So, instead of paying Rs.799/month, you will only be paying Rs.300/month for Netflix Premium.

Also, you'll get your internet speed bumped from 150mbps to 300mbps (Assuming ACT's 1249 plan in Bengaluru offers only 150mbps).

Here's a like for like Price Comparison for you:

Jio 1499 plan + Netflix Premium (upgraded from Basic):

1499 + 18% GST = 1499 + 269.82 = Rs.1768.82

1768.82 + 300 = Rs.2068.82 per month.

Your existing ACT 1249 Plan + Netflix Premium:

1249 + 799 = Rs.2048 per month.

So, basically, for a mere Rs.20.82 in addition per month for Jio:

1) Your internet speed will increase to 300mbps

2) You'll get Amazon Prime for the first year.

3) Subscriptions for all the other apps will be available as long you have an eligible (999 and higher plans) Jio Fiber plan in active status.

So, I believe it is a pretty good deal for you.

However, I would ask you to NOT switch to Jio immediately, unless you are willing to go for an yearly plan -- mostly because of your existing Amazon Prime subscription, that ends only in April 2022.

Meaning, if you go for a semi-annual (or even a quarterly or a monthly) Jio Fiber plan right now, it will be more than 6 months by April 2022. And Jio Fiber's Amazon Prime subscription will end up being unutilized (unless, I guess, if you activate it using a different mobile number).

That's pretty much about it. Now, decide :)

I would make an informed decision based on the following:

1) Prime subscription from Jio is a one time only offer (for 1 year only). You will have to subscribe on your own after this 1 year.

2) Before Hotstar changed its plans, only Hotstar VIP (not Premium) was provided as part of the Jio Fiber plans. Now, the Jio app mentions of just a Hotstar plan. I am not sure if this is the old VIP plan or the new Super plan (but limited to only one login at a time). Bottom line, be informed that any Hotstar plan provided by Jio might not be upgradable to Hotstar Premium by paying the difference amount. If you want Premium, you'll have to subscribe on your own by paying the full amount (Rs.1499).

3) Sony LIV Premium subscription from Jio should work fine.

4) Voot Select subscription from Jio is confined to the JIO STB. You cannot watch it on any other devices.

5) Netflix Basic subscription is provided as part of Jio's 1499 plan. Note that 1499 is not inclusive of GST. So it is (1499 + 18% GST).

That said, Jio makes it easier on us by letting us upgrade from Netflix Basic to Netflix Premium by paying an additional Rs.300/month (no GST for this), or from Netflix Basic to Netflix Standard by paying an additional Rs.150/month (no GST).

So, instead of paying Rs.799/month, you will only be paying Rs.300/month for Netflix Premium.

Also, you'll get your internet speed bumped from 150mbps to 300mbps (Assuming ACT's 1249 plan in Bengaluru offers only 150mbps).

Here's a like for like Price Comparison for you:

Jio 1499 plan + Netflix Premium (upgraded from Basic):

1499 + 18% GST = 1499 + 269.82 = Rs.1768.82

1768.82 + 300 = Rs.2068.82 per month.

Your existing ACT 1249 Plan + Netflix Premium:

1249 + 799 = Rs.2048 per month.

So, basically, for a mere Rs.20.82 in addition per month for Jio:

1) Your internet speed will increase to 300mbps

2) You'll get Amazon Prime for the first year.

3) Subscriptions for all the other apps will be available as long you have an eligible (999 and higher plans) Jio Fiber plan in active status.

So, I believe it is a pretty good deal for you.

However, I would ask you to NOT switch to Jio immediately, unless you are willing to go for an yearly plan -- mostly because of your existing Amazon Prime subscription, that ends only in April 2022.

Meaning, if you go for a semi-annual (or even a quarterly or a monthly) Jio Fiber plan right now, it will be more than 6 months by April 2022. And Jio Fiber's Amazon Prime subscription will end up being unutilized (unless, I guess, if you activate it using a different mobile number).

That's pretty much about it. Now, decide :)
Thanks a lot for taking time to explain this!I guess i will wait for another 2-3 months before switching to Jio fiber :)

I am having ACT for the last 10 years, when it used to be Beam Fiber. Even though both Airtel and Jio launched recently, I am currently sticking with ACT due to its amazing service in my area. I dont think OTT addons should be the only criteria to Select broadband connection. ts better to wait and watch and get reviews from neighbours

I am having ACT for the last 10 years, when it used to be Beam Fiber. Even though both Airtel and Jio launched recently, I am currently sticking with ACT due to its amazing service in my area. I dont think OTT addons should be the only criteria to Select broadband connection. ts better to wait and watch and get reviews from neighbours
I would have said the same about ACT a couple of years back but over last year their services have become lousy.There is too many network interruptions but thankfully the VP sales of ACT lives in same building as me and we get the quickest resolution of any issue.But yes i will wait and watch to see how Jio fiber works in my area before jumping the bandwagon.

I would have said the same about ACT a couple of years back but over last year their services have become lousy.There is too many network interruptions but thankfully the VP sales of ACT lives in same building as me and we get the quickest resolution of any issue.But yes i will wait and watch to see how Jio fiber works in my area before jumping the bandwagon.
Yes, I was also act customer from the days it was Beam and thoroughly enjoyed the service but faced lot of issues during corona lockdown days, frequent disconnect, power backup issues and worst was high latency faced during peak hours and speed going downhill for no reason.

Had to switch to excitel fiber and have been really happy with them, was paying 1075+ GST to Act for 100 Mbps and now paying 899+GST for 300 Mbps.

Act has been very acting very strange also in responding to the competition, different plans for different cities. High cost plan if no competition 😉

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock