Discussion Planning To Subscribe 1499 Plan (For Netflix)

Sivabhaskar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I am planning to change my Jio Fiber plan from 999 (currently using 6 months plan) to 1499 (annual plan).

And I am planning to upgrade the resulting Netflix subscription from Basic to Premium.

Apart from the obvious price difference, is there any other con/pro to my decision? What do you think?

My main reasoning behind the decision to use Jio Fiber for Netflix Premium subscription is, that for a mere Rs.91 more per month (than the 999 plan's annual subscription price), the 1499 plan will bump my broadband speed from 150mbps to 300mbps.

Also, there is the factor of 1 free month for Jio Fiber Annual Plans. I am hoping that the Netflix Basic subscription is included for the 13th month too.

Calculation:

999 Annual Plan + Separate Netflix Premium Subscription

Plan Price
999/month

For 12 months (annual plan)
999 x 12 = 11,988

18% GST
11,988 x 0.18 = 2,157.84

Total Price for 12 months (Jio 999)
11,988 + 2,157.84 = 14,145.84

Separate Netflix Premium Subscription
799/month (inclusive of all taxes)

For 12 months
799 x 12 = 9,588

Total Price (Jio 999 + Netflix Premium)
14,145.84 + 9,588 = 23,733.84

1499 Annual Plan + Bundled Netflix Basic Subscription (Upgraded to Premium)

Plan Price
1499/month

For 12 months (annual plan)
1499 x 12 = 17,988

18% GST
17,988 x 0.18 = 3,237.84

Total Price for 12 months (Jio 1499)
17,988 + 3,237.84 = 21,225.84

Bundled Netflix Subscription (Basic to Premium Upgrade Price)
300/month (inclusive of all taxes)

For 12 months
300 x 12 = 3,600

Total Price (Jio 1499 + Netflix Upgraded to Premium)
21,225.84 + 3,600 = 24,825.84

PRICE DIFFERENCE

1499 + Netflix Premium = 24,825.84

999 + Netflix Premium = 23,733.84

Price Difference (For 1 Year)
24,825.84 - 23,733.84 = 1,092

Price Difference (For 1 Month)
1092 ÷ 12 = 91

For the same exact reason, I am currently using the 1499 plan.

This is the best available plan in the market among all operators.

If you are already using Netflix Premium, You will get a 300mbps fibre plan for just 1270rs monthly. ((1499+18%)+300)-799).

Outstanding benefits if you use Netflix and also Outstanding savings.

If we upgrade from Basic to Premium, is it going to be billed at Jio side or Netflix side? If it is being billed by Jio, there is a possibility of additional 18% GST on tht 300/month right?

If we upgrade from Basic to Premium, is it going to be billed at Jio side or Netflix side? If it is being billed by Jio, there is a possibility of additional 18% GST on tht 300/month right?
I believe that Jio is done with the offer once they enable us the initial subscription (Basic or Standard, based on the Jio Fiber plan) on Netflix.

Beyond that point, I believe, that any upgradation to a higher plan (Standard or Premium) comes under Netflix's jurisdiction. And from what I have learned from existing Netflix users here at Onlytech, Netflix's pricing system does not involve any explicit GST, which I am pretty sure you already are aware of.

@PK82, did you have to pay GST for the Rs.300 for upgrading from Netflix Basic (enabled from Jio Fiber) to Netflix Premium?

I think the difference amount is 300 for the Diamond plan users to get Netflix premium.

I paid 300 as the difference.

every plan is inclusive of GST

sBslGhN.jpg

long term plans haven't returned after initial offering

No GST.

You can upgrade while activating the plan in the myjio app or in the Netflix account section.

In both these methods, Jio will send an SMS with a payment link for the respective amounts. You have to complete the payment within 15 minutes else the plan will be reverted to basic.

No GST.

You can upgrade while activating the plan in the myjio app or in the Netflix account section.

In both these methods, Jio will send an SMS with a payment link for the respective amounts. You have to complete the payment within 15 minutes else the plan will be reverted to basic.
For long term Jio Fiber plans, are you aware if the difference is collected as a whole, or monthly like Netflix usually does?

The 999 plan's validity expired yesterday (Aug 27, 2021).

A couple of hours before that expired, I recharged with the 1499 plan (for 1 year). The 1499 plan got queued and it got activated immediately after the 999 plan's validity expired.

Originally, I had activated the 999 plan (for 6 months) on Feb 13, 2021. I activated the Amazon Prime subscription that was part of that plan, on May 17, 2021 (because my own Prime ended only then).

Until yesterday (before recharging with 1499), the My Jio app displayed the expiry date of Amazon Prime as Aug 27, 2021.

After the 1499 plan got activated, the validity of the Amazon Prime subscription changed to May 16, 2022. The validity of the rest of the subscriptions changed to Sep 21, 2022 (360+30 days).

When I called Jio Care and queried about this, they are maintaining that the Jio Fiber's bundled Amazon Prime offer can be availed ONLY ONE TIME by a customer, and since I have availed it for the 999 plan (6 months), I cannot avail it again for the 1499 plan (1 year).

And nowhere in the Jio Fiber's recharge page or the Terms and Conditions page does it say that a customer can avail the bundled Amazon Prime subscription only once for their Jio Fiber.

It even says in the following page, that after 1 year, the customer can renew their membership by recharging on jio.com.

Which is exactly what I did. Now I am feeling shortchanged. Because I payed Rs.21,225.84 for this plan.

And now I don't have the full 1 year subscription for Amazon Prime! :( :wall:

Last edited:
This is what that Terms and Conditions page says:

What happens at the end of one year or the Amazon Prime offer period?​

Post offer period, the membership needs to be renewed by doing recharge on Jio.com/MyJio for subsequent years.

The 999 plan's validity expired yesterday (Aug 27, 2021).

A couple of hours before that expired, I recharged with the 1499 plan (for 1 year). The 1499 plan got queued and it got activated immediately after the 999 plan's validity expired.

Originally, I had activated the 999 plan (for 6 months) on Feb 13, 2021. I activated the Amazon Prime subscription that was part of that plan, on May 17, 2021 (because my own Prime ended only then).

Until yesterday (before recharging with 1499), the My Jio app displayed the expiry date of Amazon Prime as Aug 27, 2021.

After the 1499 plan got activated, the validity of the Amazon Prime subscription changed to May 16, 2022. The validity of the rest of the subscriptions changed to Sep 21, 2022 (360+30 days).

When I called Jio Care and queried about this, they are maintaining that the Jio Fiber's bundled Amazon Prime offer can be availed ONLY ONE TIME by a customer, and since I have availed it for the 999 plan (6 months), I cannot avail it again for the 1499 plan (1 year).

And nowhere in the Jio Fiber's recharge page or the Terms and Conditions page does it say that a customer can avail the bundled Amazon Prime subscription only once for their Jio Fiber.

It even says in the following page, that after 1 year, the customer can renew their membership by recharging on jio.com.

Which is exactly what I did. Now I am feeling shortchanged. Because I payed Rs.21,225.84 for this plan.

And now I don't have the full 1 year subscription for Amazon Prime! :( :wall:
That's really crazy

That's really crazy
Yeah, totally!

They should clearly mention in the pop-up that details the list of subscriptions for the plan (in the app/website), or at least in the detailed Terms and Conditions for Jio Fiber Amazon Prime, that the Amazon Prime subscription can be availed once through any eligible Jio Fiber plan. And that a customer cannot avail it even if they recharge an eligible 1 year plan again.

I am searching the Terms and Conditions for Jio Fiber Amazon Prime, and I am not convinced that they have explicitly mentioned that this is a ONE TIME ONLY OFFER, forever, even for eligible 1 year plans.

It does say in some places, that after the offer ends, customer has to avail the Prime subscription directly from Amazon. However, it does not say anywhere, that a customer CANNOT avail it THROUGH any eligible JIO FIBER PLAN, more than ONCE.

Moreover, the page I had shared a link to earlier, explicitly states that a customer can renew their membership by recharging in the Jio website!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock