Breaking Netflix Testing Long Term Plans for Indian Users at Discounted Prices

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
Netflix Tests Long-Term Subscription Plans in India With Discounts, Aims to Offer ‘Flexibility’ to Users

Netflix has started testing its long-term subscriptions plans in India, the company confirmed to Gadgets 360. The new testing, which is being done first in India, brings annual, six months, and three months subscription to the video streaming service along with discounts of up to 50 percent when compared to the monthly plans. This means that subscribers opting for a long-term Netflix subscription would avail its Mobile, Basic, Standard, or Premium plan at a discounted price. The testing is currently limited to select users, though it is targeted at both mobile and Web users.

By default, Netflix offers monthly subscription plans starting at Rs. 199. The Los Gatos, California-based company, however, is testing a range of long-term subscription plans in India to retain subscribers for a longer time

Netflix is currently testing a '3 months' plan that's available at Rs. 1,919, discounted from the regular three months Premium subscription charge of Rs. 2,397 - a discount of 20 percent. Similarly, there is a '6 months' plan in the testing phase at Rs. 3,359, down from Rs. 4,794 - a discount of 30 percent. The company also has a '12 months' plan at Rs. 4,799. This shows a 50 percent discount over the regular Premium subscription that is available at Rs. 799 a month, which comes to Rs. 9,588 for a year.

Netflix Tests Long-Term Subscription Plans in India With Discounts

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
So, long term plan is available for only the 4-Screen Plan?

Then it will be only beneficial for people who subscribe to ₹799 Plan. They can save 50%.

I use the ₹199 Mobile Plan. And the I don't subscribe every month (only when some good shows comes out). Even if I subscibe every month then It'll be ₹2,388. While, if I subscibe to the annual plan then I'll be paying ₹4,799 (i.e. double).

I guess initially it would be for the Ultra HD Premium 4 screen plan, and then on seeing the response they'll come up with long term HD/SD and mobile plans also, still I am subscribing to Netflix Ultra HD Plan every month with 3 friends, so now after 50% discount it would be around 1200 per year and I guess for the Ultra HD quality, abundant of content, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, this 1199 is dirt cheap especially for users who are specifically using Netflix on ultra HD TVs

Last edited:
I am using 799 plan currently and active user of Netflix every month.
But I have not received any such notification so far.
So do i get an email about this?

I guess initially it would be for the Ultra HD Premium 4 screen plan, and then on seeing the response they'll come up with long term HD/SD and mobile plans also, still I am subscribing to Netflix Ultra HD Plan every month with 3 friends, so it would be around 1200 per year and I guess for the Ultra HD quality, abundant of content, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, this 1299 is dirt cheap
yeah.. Sharing the account & Spliting the bill makes it really affordable. The thing is that none of my friends want to pay for it. They want everything free & download from illegal sites. That's why I took the Mobile Plan & pay for my own. Anyways, the 576p is more than enough for me.

I am on the UltraHD plan but isn’t showing any option for long term plans under plan change.
Maybe its for new users.

I am using 799 plan currently and active user of Netflix every month.
But I have not received any such notification so far.
So do i get an email about this?
I am on the UltraHD plan but isn’t showing any option for long term plans under plan change.
Maybe its for new users.
This offer is only for limited users. Totally Random. Doesn't matter if you are a new user or an active regular user. If you are lucky, you'll get it.

Very good offer for me. Its equivalent to Amazon prime when shared among 4 people

I think Netflix won't be successful.They need to enable Indian Payment methods(UPI) and local Debit Cards(Rupay).Netflix wants International Cards and Recurring Transactions.Not Everyone wants or use a International Card.They really need to change the Payment Model for Indian Customer and Understand the Customers like Amazon.

It isn't showing for me either. I spoke to customer care, they say it's a one time offer only for limited test group. And if u dismiss it by saying ask later, u don't get it again.

daw06yd.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock