Sad News New e-commerce rules made Amazon India remove tons of products from their store

But what about some of the in-house good brands like symbol,Solimo?😣
Solimo is Amazon's (which they made it slowly into AmazonBasic for some products).

Symbol I was researching about. Probably the same manufacturer but different white labeling.

Solimo is Amazon's (which they made it slowly into AmazonBasic for some products).

Symbol I was researching about. Probably the same manufacturer but different white labeling.
But those products are no longer as they were being sold by cloudtail.not sure whether they will return back but believe some products from both brands are of premium quality at good price
Solimo's bedsheet and symbol clothing like tshirt,shirt and pyjamas

But those products are no longer as they were being sold by cloudtail.not sure whether they will return back but believe some products from both brands are of premium quality at good price
Solimo's bedsheet and symbol clothing like tshirt,shirt and pyjamas

I mentioned Solimo is Amazon's Brand. Solimo's Parent Company is Amazon / AmazonBasic. I hope now you get that.

I was doing some research inside my network and found out that the sales of third-party sellers are not that increased as they expected to have.

In-fact, people have been complaining for the comeback of Appairo and CloudTail.

A Power-User alike me, would know the right price of the product and waiting for them to comeback to the original pricing.

In other words, this step is actually not helping nation for it's FDI (Economic Group) neither for the Local Sellers for making a ✌ " Justified Market " ✌ for them.

It will take years of experience which they need to understand that:

e-commerce = Discounts + Return/Refund Policy + Good Service (Customer First, No Bak Bak)

Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, Target, Circle or any other retail chain through out the world are able to make themselves some business is because of the pricing of the products on their platform < (Less Than) the Offline Retail Pricing.

That is what they promoted with their own launch of retail stores also (Amazon Go)

Overall, this change is again a very bad thought and bad implementation.

P.S.: Don't quote me if you don't agree with me. I don't debate.

It's India not US where same rule shall be applied .

Last edited by a moderator:
So Cloudtail is back on Amazon after they sold their stake back to Narayan Murphy's Catamaran.
I am wondering how will Cloudtail meet the 25% clause though.

So Cloudtail is back on Amazon after they sold their stake back to Narayan Murphy's Catamaran.
I am wondering how will Cloudtail meet the 25% clause though.
Since, they have sold the shares. There is nothing required to be done further. Indian Seller can do any limit business. :)

I'm thinking Amazon and Catamaran might have some sort of secret handshaking off the books or any other way around. (Speculation/Thought Only)

Another correct analysis of mine might turn into reality.

I actually said US might not like this move and take their support away from India.

Source: US may withdraw zero tariffs for India over recent e-commerce restrictions on Amazon and Flipkart

P.S.: Correct knowledge is the best weapon and half knowledge is poison. ✌

It's good to say India can do things their own but International diplomacy relies a lot on US. That's why a lot of countries rather take USD for their treasury than Gold.

Last edited:
Ac
Since, they have sold the shares. There is nothing required to be done further. Indian Seller can do any limit business. :)

I'm thinking Amazon and Catamaran might have some sort of secret handshaking off the books or any other way around. (Speculation/Thought Only)
Actually the new regulation states that if a seller procures more than 25% of inventory from B2B arm of a marketplaces controlled by foreign entity, then such seller will be treated as having stakes from that foreign entity even if there is no real equity stake.
I think Amazon(and Flipkart) are getting around this by making sure that their B2B arms are not directly owned by same group company which owns the marketplace but another entity one or two tier down in subsidiary structure and registered in a different country. The regulations did not clearly call out anything around this so or now Amazon/Flipkart have a way forward. But this could change in the future

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock