Sad News New e-commerce rules made Amazon India remove tons of products from their store

abhi1276

Reaction score
after new e-commerce rule amazon has remove many item from there app and also many item shown unavailable also no more cloudtail service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Numerous items sold by Amazon vendors such as Cloudtail, in which Amazon holds an indirect equity stake, are no longer available on its India site.

Amazon Pantry, a grocery service primarily managed by company affiliates, was also discontinued, though grocery products could be purchased individually.

New e-commerce rules jolt Amazon India as products vanish - ET BrandEquity

People are themselves responsible for this situation. We as individuals do not care about how small or medium retailers were impacted by these shopping giants. All these big e-commerce companies have immense money power and they offered massive discounts by incurring loss to attract customers, strategy is simple to make regular shopkeepers shut business and later start earning profits themselves.

Government has to take care of interests of all citizens out of concern or for vote base and ultimately this decision was arrived at.

Had Indian Consumers been more mature in making correct choices and took all aspects into consideration then no one would have raised objections. Infact customers would have had forced normal retailers to mend earlier model of securing high profit margin from us and instead sell goods at competitive prices.

This is not a case similar of Jio where competitive firms like airtel , vodafone r impacted directly by price war and consumers get all benefits. Here regular people running business r at receiving end hence issue has been addressed on immediate basis.

Also if people opt for Jio and other operators like airtel, vodafone will have to bleed loses thus later exiting business then also we will suffer as in monopoly we will not have power to chooose but rather accept policy set by remaining player

Last edited:
This government is waste...high taxation and now they want us to move to stone age....
When online shopping is so convenient and easy why the hell they are forcing to go to shop and waste time & money. When internet is increasing at such a rapid speed trai has increased the price of cable and DTH by adding ncf...
All steps seems moving people back to 80s.😠😠
Coming to Amazon they used to sell product at competitive price and some of the brand such as symbol or Solimo were providing quality products at good price. Everything is stopped now.cloudtail is also gone😔

Now I feel I wasted ₹999 to buy prime 😫

People are themselves responsible for this situation. We as individuals do not care about how small or medium retailers were impacted by these shopping giants. All these big e-commerce companies have immense money power and they offered massive discounts by incurring loss to attract customers, strategy is simple to make regular shopkeepers shut business and later start earning profits themselves.

Government has to take care of interests of all citizens out of concern or for vote base and ultimately this decision was arrived at.

Had Indian Consumers been more mature in making correct choices and took all aspects into consideration then no one would have raised objections. Infact customers would have had forced normal retailers to mend earlier model of securing high profit margin from us and instead sell goods at competitive prices.

This is not a case similar of Jio where competitive firms like airtel , vodafone r impacted directly by price war and consumers get all benefits. Here regular people running business r at receiving end hence issue has been addressed on immediate basis.

Also if people opt for Jio and other operators like airtel, vodafone will have to bleed loses thus later exiting business then also we will suffer as in monopoly we will not have power to chooose but rather accept policy set by remaining player
I bluntly don't agree with you.

1. Whatever Amazon.in was doing is their common practice in every country including the USA itself. There was no such unique practice they followed in India.

2. They made jobs for Indians more than what Indian Government could have done solely. (Trust me, in last 5 years. How many good Government Jobs are made)

3. FDI: What's wrong in FDI? If the outside money (White) coming to India. What's the problem with it? We live in 21st Century. There is nothing going to be like East India Company anymore.

4. Healthy competition is always required. Offline sellers sold the goods in their wishful prices. Remember the days when the prices of the Mobile Phones were same even after 1 year of the launch. Manufacturer/Companies always gave discounts but Sellers/Offline Retailers never bothered to transfer them to the Consumer. And then also will you support them?

5. I don't care what's happening offline/online. All what matters to me is my own pocket (Yes, I think for myself. Sorry if you don't think the same). I want the highest quality product at cheapest prices.

Clarification for the Point 5:

a) Where were you or the similar thoughtful bhakts when people used to bring LCDs / Mobile Phones from Dubai / Thailand?

b) Where were you when offline sellers exploited their monopoly and never transferred benefits to the consumer?

c) Where were you when "Offline Sellers called Amazon.in / Flipkart.com as a scam and called their products to be fake/first copy"? I bought like endless products from Amazon.in and Flipkart.com. I bet all of them are hardly 15 days old (manufacturing date) and none of the offline seller had recent stocks. All the online stock is genuine if bought from genuine seller.

-----

Don't tell me none of your family member or direct relatives never benefited from such discounts. My two close relatives have big offline stores in the mobile market of a metro city. Hardly impacted their business. Infact, they launched their seller profile on PayTM and FlipKart. Doing okay business.

The most seller affected from such change or boom of ecommerce are those who are very much lazy to bring any change in their business model or doesn't want to pass benefit to the consumer.

What Government has done here is to break the back-bone of the Growing India with the Growing FDI and Ease of Doing Business.

Although I wish Amazon.in should fix the things and bring some alternative but just in case if Amazon.in takes up decision of ending their operations in India within coming years? What will Modi Government say to the public who will loose their job? Do you have any idea, How much employment Amazon has provided in India (and overseas too) to Indians?

It's not always how you make relations between Country to Country. It's about Country to Corporate too.

US benefits the US Origin Companies, Yes. But they don't bother much to their FDI too. Same is with Singapore or Dubai.

But here in India, Government didn't bother for Indian Companies, nether for the FDI.

Don't live in a myth that this change would help the offline sellers.

MI, OnePlus, Honour or any other cheap/mid-range brands of Mobile Phones were able to make profits is because of the volume of sales they generated via. Amazon India. Offline sales for such phones are pretty bad in shape (Reason: No Discounts).

Discounts drives the market, it creates urgency among the consumer.

Offline seller can't create that urgency (neither in US nor in India). They have no brains to make that possible in Online too (except some exceptional).

Online Sellers specially backed by Amazon has vast experience in selling products with discounts (That's the whole model of Ecommerce).

Simple as f. "DON'T REINVENT THE WHEEL".

But Indian Government is only doing "Reinventing their wheel with their own taste of knowledge which is turning out to be a triangle rather than sphere".

Sooner or later, no brainer required. These decisions will lead to: Decline in Jobs, Infrastructural Development, Quality of Life, FDI and the Inspiring People leaving Country (Check stats how many people who wants Quality of Life leaving India).

Indian Government must learn something from Singapore or Dubai if they want to remove poverty.

And, You've mentioned "Government has to take care of interests of all citizens out of concern or for vote base and ultimately this decision was arrived at."

Make a Poll or ask anyone to make it who has reach to mass audience. You'll have the answers. What citizen of India wants :)

Reddit, 10 other forums, local groups, WhatsApp, Facebook are saying this is a bad move. Bunch of people are supporting it.

I would love to see my brother/sister working in Amazon.in or as a seller who understands ecom rather than a small shop-keeper who doesn't understand "What is customer satisfaction or return/refund policy".

P.S.: This is all theoretical, I've not reached to it's technical aspects right now.

THIS WILL BE THE BADDEST MOVE OF THIS DECADE (or UPCOMING)! Mark my words!

The day, FDI stops coming to India. It will make more political issues for India (Internationally) Why US will support you in anything when you won't favor their companies? Forget any favors. All Hail Donald Trump. You know how instant he is.

I don't like discussing politics. But since last 5 years, all the decision government has made sounds like a political agenda to me which benefits to them rather than benefiting the Citizen of Republic of India.

Last edited:
This government is waste...high taxation and now they want us to move to stone age....
When online shopping is so convenient and easy why the hell they are forcing to go to shop and waste time & money. When internet is increasing at such a rapid speed trai has increased the price of cable and DTH by adding ncf...
All steps seems moving people back to 80s.😠😠
Coming to Amazon they used to sell product at competitive price and some of the brand such as symbol or Solimo were providing quality products at good price. Everything is stopped now.cloudtail is also gone😔

Now I feel I wasted ₹999 to buy prime 😫

Very convenient for you or others to say that online shopping is best and regular shops r medieval concept. Brother, there r crores of people who r into family run retail business and many of these r also not accustomed to online concept, these people earn a basic living by selling usual items and e-commerce companies have literally made them suffer.

Amazon or Flipkart can offer huge discounts by putting in cash from their huge reserve but can u think that Ram Lal Saree Waala in Manohar Gali can offer items at such price, he or she does not have millions or billions to invest for building customer base thru this policy. Most of his customer base will ditch him and shop owner's family is faced with monetary troubles. Have we become so selfish that other's pain does not matter to us?

Question is not whether e-commerce is good or bad, fact is that in a market like ours there has to be strict guidelines so that each can operate with fair oppurtunities rather than alowing biggies to strangle smaller players

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock