Netflix News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 536
  • Views: Views 88,766
Netflix added two Assamese movies. One of them was India's nomination for Oscars which is a big deal for independent cinema. Did they promote it? No. Did we call them mainstream centric? Nope.

I don't mind personally bro if they are promoting or not! Someway or the other we will get to know and watch the content. I said that as an answer to @Prithi Deb bro's question why people didn't troll Hotstar and why Netflix. They announced 17 titles and didn't even mentioned Umamaheswara Ugrarupasya which was supposed to release on July 30th, but they had hindi movies before and after that. That's the reason people trolled Netflix.

I think everyone is always looking for reasons to bash Netflix. People are always ready. When Netflix revealed their "Direct OTT Release" movie cluster, everyone started bashing them and calling them "Netflix North India", as none of the titles were from South India.

South Indian users troll Netflix with a new name

But no one said a thing when Hotstar revealed their "Disney+ Hotstar Multiplex" movies list. Why this partiality?
Because Netflix is not affordable...
I think everyone is always looking for reasons to bash Netflix. People are always ready. When Netflix revealed their "Direct OTT Release" movie cluster, everyone started bashing them and calling them "Netflix North India", as none of the titles were from South India.

But no one said a thing when Hotstar revealed their "Disney+ Hotstar Multiplex" movies list. Why this partiality?

The reason for people not accepting NF as do in the case of Prime Video or Hotstar is its price tag. It is still not affordable to most of the Indians. People like me never watch any content on mobile phone preferring big screen to it. Hence their mobile phone offer is not taking off either contrary to their expectations.
In the meantime Indian OTT platforms like Zee5, Sony Liv and Aha are slowly penetrating into the OTT market.

Because Netflix is not affordable...
The reason for people not accepting NF as do in the case of Prime Video or Hotstar is its price tag. It is still not affordable to most of the Indians. People like me never watch any content on mobile phone preferring big screen to it. Hence their mobile phone offer is not taking off either contrary to their expectations.
In the meantime Indian OTT platforms like Zee5, Sony Liv and Aha are slowly penetrating into the OTT market.
That's right. We will never get Netflix @₹999/year. If people are expecting that, then they should forget about it. That's never happening. Atleast they are trying their best. People shouldn't criticize it just because they can't afford it.

That's right. We will never get Netflix @₹999/year. If people are expecting that, then they should forget about it. That's never happening. Atleast they are trying their best. People shouldn't criticize it just because they can't afford it.
The prices of premium Netflix plan is 799x12 = 9588/5 profiles is 1917 per profile i.e 160 per month.Which is affordable according to me.The Hotstar premium plan is 299 per month with just 2 users per account.The amount of content,video management and UI is very good of Netflix compared to Hotstar.The contents is also added regularly in Netflix.I prefer Netflix over Hotstar because of the variety in Content plus the overall experience.

Netflix has launched a worldwide test of “Shuffle Play,” a feature for indecisive subscribers that starts streaming a random title based on their viewing history or playlists.

The idea, of course, is to provide yet another way to encourage Netflix users to watch more content on the service — even if they don’t know what, exactly, they want to watch — and potentially get hooked on a new TV show or movie. Currently, “Shuffle Play” is being tested only on connected-TV devices.

Netflix Is Testing Out a ‘Shuffle’ Button on TV Devices That Plays Randomly Selected Titles

Netflix has launched a worldwide test of “Shuffle Play,” a feature for indecisive subscribers that starts streaming a random title based on their viewing history or playlists.

The idea, of course, is to provide yet another way to encourage Netflix users to watch more content on the service — even if they don’t know what, exactly, they want to watch — and potentially get hooked on a new TV show or movie. Currently, “Shuffle Play” is being tested only on connected-TV devices.

Netflix Is Testing Out a ‘Shuffle’ Button on TV Devices That Plays Randomly Selected Titles
Now this was something desperately needed. Atleast for a person like me. It takes forever for me to scroll and decide what to watch. This has also become a sketch comedy joke.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock