Netflix News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 538
  • Views: Views 88,917
Netflix has launched a worldwide test of “Shuffle Play,” a feature for indecisive subscribers that starts streaming a random title based on their viewing history or playlists.

The idea, of course, is to provide yet another way to encourage Netflix users to watch more content on the service — even if they don’t know what, exactly, they want to watch — and potentially get hooked on a new TV show or movie. Currently, “Shuffle Play” is being tested only on connected-TV devices.

Netflix Is Testing Out a ‘Shuffle’ Button on TV Devices That Plays Randomly Selected Titles
Earlier they used to provide the Shuffle option for sitcoms like Friends, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, etc, but they stopped it later.

Today, Netflix launched its user interface (UI) in Bahasa Melayu. This enables members to navigate the UI, read title names and synopses, and watch shows and movies with Bahasa Melayu subtitles and dubs.

“Netflix believes in giving members control over their entire entertainment experience, and we are delighted that they are now able to choose to enjoy Netflix in Bahasa Melayu. This surely will improve their viewing experience and better suit members who prefer consuming Netflix in their national language” said a Netflix spokesperson.

NETFLIX NOW SPEAKS MALAY

Newly Optimised resolution ladders :
E1ZfYOo.jpg

E5wxW48.jpg

Optimized shot-based encodes for 4K: Now streaming!

I am not getting 17.2 Mbps on any action movie or series. 6 Underground is still at 15.45 Mbps. All of them are getting capped at 15.45 Mbps. Except Breaking Bad is capped at 9.19 Mbps.

They have encode them in these new ones buddy! Still it takes time to have this resolution ladder for all the titles. Check on the new ones if its der on not.

Are they still using VP9?
I read somewhere that they were testing AV1 codec with some titles. They should move to AV1. It's supposed to be 20-30% more efficient than VP9 or HEVC. More quality in less bandwidth.
There were only testing AV1 on mobile sevices with select unknown titles. You can enable it my using save data feature.

There were only testing AV1 on mobile sevices with select unknown titles. You can enable it my using save data feature.
But when I enable "Save Data", the playback switches to 720p (sometimes 540p). It consumes less data, but that's only because the quality decreased from 1080p to 720p (or 540p).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock