Good News Netflix decreases prices of its plans

Finding 3 other people is a headache. Thanks to other streamers selling annual subscription. They can straight forward sell a ₹2000 for 2 screens. Everyone either got Hotstar, Disney or Prime. They are hesitant on paying for another one as most people don't even get time to stream content of platforms they are already paying for.
Very TRUE. I tried asking my friends / relatives. I got exactly the above words as reason.
So.. Yes, I can resist this offer...

Amazing news...I have been on 799 plan with 2 more people since 3 years, so it was costing us approx. Rs.267/person, now it is further reducing to Rs.216/person and I don't mind paying around Rs.2500/yearly compared to Hotstar or Prime.

For me I am spending majority of the time on Netflix, followed by Hotstar and Prime just because of plethora of content they drop every Friday that is unmatchable to any streamer at least in India and further their buttery UI, but they need to heavily improve their Indian content because currently I just pay this premium for their global content, if it would have been just Indian originals I wouldn't even have paid 50/month. :D
Prime is only good for Indian originals that too are not added each week and rest they bring big global releases once in 2 months while Hotstar has its own merits and demerits like Bad UI, Bad Subtitle font, No quick fixes for issues, making South Asian audience wait for things just like IMAX enhanced/4K Dolby Vision etc.

The only thing I expect from Netflix globally is to improve their bitrates from 15.62 Mbps to around 30 Mbps, presently Apple TV+ has best bitrates and the quality difference is definitely evident, even Disney+ has highest bitrate of 22 Mbps.

This has come at exactly the right time for me as I have just come to India for a month, after not being able to leave Singapore for nearly 2 years. In Singapore, Netflix keeps increasing the prices, and now the Premium plan costs S$22 per month. Meanwhile, Netflix in India is reducing prices and even the Premium plan costs only ₹649 per month. Within a few days I am going to switch my billing account to India and enjoy the new prices!
Prime is only good for Indian originals that too are not added each week and rest they bring big global releases once in 2 months while Hotstar has its own merits and demerits like Bad UI, Bad Subtitle font, No quick fixes for issues, making South Asian audience wait for things just like IMAX enhanced/4K Dolby Vision etc.
For me, Prime is good mainly/only for Indian movies (including their unmatched South movie library, especially Malayalam) where Netflix cannot compete. Also, Prime has some great series like The Family Man. Otherwise, content-wise, Netflix is far superior.

Amazing news...I have been on 799 plan with 2 more people since 3 years, so it was costing us approx. Rs.267/person, now it is further reducing to Rs.216/person and I don't mind paying around Rs.2500/yearly compared to Hotstar or Prime.

For me I am spending majority of the time on Netflix, followed by Hotstar and Prime just because of plethora of content they drop every Friday that is unmatchable to any streamer at least in India and further their buttery UI, but they need to heavily improve their Indian content because currently I just pay this premium for their global content, if it would have been just Indian originals I wouldn't even have paid 50/month. :D

The only thing I expect from Netflix globally is to improve their bitrates from 15.62 Mbps to around 30 Mbps, presently Apple TV+ has best bitrates and the quality difference is definitely evident, even Disney+ has highest bitrate of 22 Mbps.
Please do not undermine the Indian content. Yes, Netflix may be superior to others in respect of streaming video and audio quality, but content-wise Indian originals/movies also good in other apps.

Please do not undermine the Indian content. Yes, Netflix may be superior to others in respect of streaming video and audio quality, but content-wise Indian originals/movies also good in other apps.
After Prime. Sony Liv has best Indian content. Can't watch it because of bad experience on the app.

Same for me. I just can't give up Netflix. When I am watching something on OTT, 90% of the time it's Netflix.
₹299 plan was perfect for me. Now I can't find people who I can share with.

I have seen 480p on 32 inch Full HD TV. The quality is awesome considering 480p resolution. But yes, it will look crap on larger TVs. Atleast 720p should have been given.

So what happens to Netflix plan that comes with Jio Postpaid? Is it going to move to Netflix basic? If thats a yes, then I have plenty of people having Jio postpaid to share this with

I never undermined Indian content, obviously I own Amazon Prime because of Indian content as I don't have 1/2 days deliveries to my location so Prime/Non Prime doesn't make any difference, I don't use Amazon Music as I use Spotify and Wynk, still just for Indian content I have a Prime subscription, but I don't think it is wise to own multiple streaming services just for few Indian content, I won't be interested to pay Sony LIV Rs.999/year just for Scam 1992 or Maharani that too when it's not in 4K and won't be interested in Zee5 just for Bob Biswas, if they can give me new Indian/Foreign content each week I'll definitely buy it equivalent to what Netflix is doing.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock