Breaking Netflix added on Jio Fiber STB

According to Customer Care - They are rolling it out to Set Top Boxes in a phased Manner and we can all expect to get it by 3rd October 2020.
So that is like 2 phases left. One on 26th September and other last on 3rd October. I hope atleast we are not in the last batch. I have always been in the last batch in almost everything, atleast not here😭

One of my friend got Netflix yesterday, he is on 699 plan so nothing to do with plans.

Yesterday. Jio mostly adds apps on saturdays, Tuesday seems odd. Anyway I think the more eagerly we wait the more it makes me wait.
Netflix is being added randomly irrespective of the plan, date, STB version and connection start date. Currently it's not present in JioStore nor in JioTv+ for anyone, it just appear all of a sudden on your Home screen with a small random STB software update.

Last edited:
Please give this a try if the option exists in your STB model.

Settings --> Applications --> Android Settings --> Apps --> Jio Store --> Clear Data

Now Restart the STB, open Jio Store once, and then close it.

Make sure that the STB is connected to the Internet, and leave it ON overnight.

And let us hope that you'll have good news the next day :)
Your theories are out of this world. This will not work for sure.

Netflix is being added randomly irrespective of the plan, date, STB version and connection start date. Currently it's not present in JioStore nor in JioTv+ for anyone, it just appear all of a sudden on your Home screen with a small random STB software update.
There has been a software update but I do not see netflix on my home screen yet thats what got me worried even more.

Your theories are out of this world. This will not work for sure.
Like I had mentioned to him earlier, I was trying to help him out. Yes, it was a theory. But it was sure worth the try. And one of the users who tried it out even thanked me, and said he was appreciative of my effort to help. What are you, jealous of that? Or are you just rude by nature?

What have you done to help, anyway?

The only, even remotely helpful thing you have done in this forum is maintaining a thread that lists all the Jio Apps.

But, does that give you license to be rude to everyone? Other than that one single thing, you are only being a totally ignorant bully. I have never seen you properly help anyone in this forum. All you do is post rude comments. And foolishly criticize anything you don't understand. Almost all of your comments to new users in this forum have been needlessly rude and arrogant.

Try to help. If you don't want to help, stay the heck away. Don't be a bully. Don't insult and reply rudely to all new users who need help. And don't be unwarrantedly rude to experienced users who are trying to help others. I reiterate again. Help, or stay away.

Also, have you forgotten the other times you have been ignorantly and totally wrong when you have tried to oppose technical details mentioned by others?

1) You rudely ridiculed my comments and were ignorantly wrong, when you said that disabling the Jio Store app does not prevent the Jio STB from automatically installing apps we don't want. But you were wrong. And @Vadirocks proved that by testing my suggestion. Again, I was trying to help here. And you were ignorantly opposing my suggestion, without even trying it out, or even understanding what it meant. And your nay sayings were debunked there.

2) Jio definitely has provided 1080p STBs to more than a few users, and some of them are even in this forum. But then, you have been repeatedly, ignorantly and incorrectly claiming that all Jio Fiber users have been provided only 4K STBs. Just because your STB can play 4K YouTube videos, it does not mean that all the multiple STB models provided by Jio, at different points in time, can do the same thing. And when @Nilu334 commented with a reply that his STB is not 4K, you laughed at his comment, and were still foolishly adamant that all Jio STBs are 4K. Even after I had clearly explained to you that there is even a couple of threads in this forum where we had already extensively discussed about it, and that multiple users in this forum have already reported that they only have a 1080p STB, you still were adamant. Again, you were completely wrong here.

3) When @PK82 shared the good news that he activated his Netflix Plan through Jio, and that he had upgraded it to Netflix Premium, you did not believe him. You suggested that he might be lying by sharing someone else's screen shot. He had to finally stop you by posting another screen shot from his mobile's text messaging app, showing an SMS from Jio Fiber. Again, you weren't aware of the facts here. And you were more than happy to just oppose that user's happy news.

Based on these above experiences, and also having noticed how consistently and needlessly rude you are to every other user (especially to new users who are desperately in need of help) in this forum, I had completely stopped commenting on, or replying to your posts. But then you seem to be unable to control your urge to be rude even in uninvited conversations. That is some seriously damaged, and incorrigible behavior.

I sincerely hope that you will change your bullying ways, and not be rude to every other commenter in this forum.

Because, this forum is not Facebook or Twitter, where one can be extremely rude to random strangers on the Internet, without the fear of being reprimanded.

This is a civilized, private forum. And I believe that the moderators do not take rudeness and bullying lightly.

Just to make sure of that, I am pulling in some administrators, so that they are aware of this unwanted situation, that potentially has the means to discourage new users from asking for help, without the fear of being bullied or rudely replied to.

@Siva @Bapun Raz @Basil @mmadhankumar @Sagar

Admins, please let me know if you want proof. I can pull up and quote rude and provoking comments by this user, as many I can. Because there's a bunch of them.

Like I had mentioned to him earlier, I was trying to help him out. Yes, it was a theory. But it was sure worth the try. And one of the users who tried it out even thanked me, and said he was appreciative of my effort to help. What are you, jealous of that? Or are you just rude by nature?

What have you done to help, anyway?

The only, even remotely helpful thing you have done in this forum is maintaining a thread that lists all the Jio Apps.

But, does that give you license to be rude to everyone? Other than that one single thing, you are only being a totally ignorant bully. I have never seen you properly help anyone in this forum. All you do is post rude comments. And foolishly criticize anything you don't understand. Almost all of your comments to new users in this forum have been needlessly rude and arrogant.

Try to help. If you don't want to help, stay the heck away. Don't be a bully. Don't insult and reply rudely to all new users who need help. And don't be unwarrantedly rude to experienced users who are trying to help others. I reiterate again. Help, or stay away.

Also, have you forgotten the other times you have been ignorantly and totally wrong when you have tried to oppose technical details mentioned by others?

1) You rudely ridiculed my comments and were ignorantly wrong, when you said that disabling the Jio Store app does not prevent the Jio STB from automatically installing apps we don't want. But you were wrong. And @Vadirocks proved that by testing my suggestion. Again, I was trying to help here. And you were ignorantly opposing my suggestion, without even trying it out, or even understanding what it meant. And your nay sayings were debunked there.

2) Jio definitely has provided 1080p STBs to more than a few users, and some of them are even in this forum. But then, you have been repeatedly, ignorantly and incorrectly claiming that all Jio Fiber users have been provided only 4K STBs. Just because your STB can play 4K YouTube videos, it does not mean that all the multiple STB models provided by Jio, at different points in time, can do the same thing. And when @Nilu334 commented with a reply that his STB is not 4K, you laughed at his comment, and were still foolishly adamant that all Jio STBs are 4K. Even after I had clearly explained to you that there is even a couple of threads in this forum where we had already extensively discussed about it, and that multiple users in this forum have already reported that they only have a 1080p STB, you still were adamant. Again, you were completely wrong here.

3) When @PK82 shared the good news that he activated his Netflix Plan through Jio, and that he had upgraded it to Netflix Premium, you did not believe him. You suggested that he might be lying by sharing someone else's screen shot. He had to finally stop you by posting another screen shot from his mobile's text messaging app, showing an SMS from Jio Fiber. Again, you weren't aware of the facts here. And you were more than happy to just oppose that user's happy news.

Based on these above experiences, and also having noticed how consistently and needlessly rude you are to every other user (especially to new users who are desperately in need of help) in this forum, I had completely stopped commenting on, or replying to your posts. But then you seem to be unable to control your urge to be rude even in uninvited conversations. That is some seriously damaged, and incorrigible behavior.

I sincerely hope that you will change your bullying ways, and not be rude to every other commenter in this forum.

Because, this forum is not Facebook or Twitter, where one can be extremely rude to random strangers on the Internet, without the fear of being reprimanded.

This is a civilized, private forum. And I believe that the moderators do not take rudeness and bullying lightly.

Just to make sure of that, I am pulling in some administrators, so that they are aware of this unwanted situation, that potentially has the means to discourage new users from asking for help, without the fear of being bullied or rudely replied to.

@Siva @Bapun Raz @Basil @mmadhankumar @Sagar

Admins, please let me know if you want proof. I can pull up and quote rude and provoking comments by this user, as many I can. Because there's a bunch of them.
Completely your own opinion.
1. I might be wrong in this, but that wasn't working earlier.
2. Just because you said old customers were not provided with 4k STB, and I'm one of the old customer and having a 4k STB.
3. Better discuss on this with admins personally. I just asked for the proof, nothing else.

I'm definitely not one of those who like and appreciate each and every comments in the forum.
Yes, you are right, I don't help anyone in anything because I'm here to gain my intellectual mind. And that's completely my choice.
I make comments only when I feel like to give my views. It can be positive/negative for you. If commenting on any part makes me arrogant, rude, etc. then everyone here are doing the same thing.

Never hate anyone, see the positivities. Life is already harsh outside. So chill out and relax. I never pointed out anyone for anything. I'm here to make everyone aware about the facts.
ADVICE : Life doesn't ends to this forum only. Don't get so much obsessive about anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock