Breaking Netflix added on Jio Fiber STB

There has been a software update but I do not see netflix on my home screen yet thats what got me worried even more.
It might be some previous update or any other new update, you need to wait untill the Netflix version of the software update, then only Netflix appears.

Completely your own opinion.
1. I might be wrong in this, but that wasn't working earlier.
2. Just because you said old customers were not provided with 4k STB, and I'm one of the old customer and having a 4k STB.
3. Better discuss on this with admins personally. I just asked for the proof, nothing else.

I'm definitely not one of those who like and appreciate each and every comments in the forum.
Yes, you are right, I don't help anyone in anything because I'm here to gain my intellectual mind. And that's completely my choice.
I make comments only when I feel like to give my views. It can be positive/negative for you. If commenting on any part makes me arrogant, rude, etc. then everyone here are doing the same thing.

Never hate anyone, see the positivities. Life is already harsh outside. So chill out and relax. I never pointed out anyone for anything. I'm here to make everyone aware about the facts.
ADVICE : Life doesn't ends to this forum only. Don't get so much obsessive about anything.
Regarding the STB thing, When I took my connection in NOV/DEC 2019, the STB I received was not 4K.

Due to a technical fault in the STB, Jio replaced the STB for me in FEB 2020. The replaced one was different and was capable of 4K.

Regarding the STB thing, When I took my connection in NOV/DEC 2019, the STB I received was not 4K.

Due to a technical fault in the STB, Jio replaced the STB for me in FEB 2020. The replaced one was different and was capable of 4K.
Even I'm having single band router since 1 year now.
Made numerous complaints and had many visits by their team to my home. Paid for 150 Mbps plan and getting 20-35 Mbps speed over WiFi.
Still no replacement. No proper response. Age old excuses by their team. One of them, "Recharge with the Gold plan then only we can replace the router with the dual band." I mean, why should I go for the Gold plan? Being a customer I have every right to choose the plan as per my requirements. Also they are abide by the rules and regulations (TRAI) to provide what they have promised and claimed to their customers.
Manyatimes, I feel like cheated by them. New connections are getting dual band routers irrespective of the plan they choose and here I have this sub standard single band router.

Last edited:
My stb is still in Dec 2017 security patch and the android version is in Android 7,, still there is no signs of Netflix or any software update.. Now my hotstar app is forcing closing always

After recharging with the Diamond pack yesterday, I claimed my Netflix benefits today.

Basic plan was provided free of cost with the options for upgrade.

I selected Standard plan which costs 150rs extra.

Surprisingly, The plan got activated instantly. I did not make any payment.

It was mentioned that It will be billed to my Jio account or bill will be provided by Jio. I am not sure how this is going to work since Jio Fiber is prepaid. But Netflix Standard has been activated and I am able to stream everything.

Last edited:
My stb is still in Dec 2017 security patch and the android version is in Android 7,, still there is no signs of Netflix or any software update.. Now my hotstar app is forcing closing always
What is your STB's model number?

Uninstall some unusable apps, this will help certainly help the problem you are facing.

Even I'm having single band router since 1 year now.
Made numerous complaints and had many visits by their team to my home. Paid for 150 Mbps plan and getting 20-35 Mbps speed over WiFi.
Still no replacement. No proper response. Age old excuses by their team. One of them, "Recharge with the Gold plan then only we can replace the router with the dual band." I mean, why should I go for the Gold plan? Being a customer I have every right to choose the plan as per my requirements. Also they are abide by the rules and regulations (TRAI) to provide what they have promised and claimed to their customers.
Manyatimes, I feel like cheated by them. New connections are getting dual band routers irrespective of the plan they choose and here I have this sub standard single band router.
Did you try requesting a cancel? They may have some retention offers. You can try quoting the above reason for cancellation.
Worst case scenario is you cancel and get a new connection with one of the other family members name. You will get one month free trial also and will offset the cost of installation. But only issue is that you will get a new phone number.

Did you try requesting a cancel? They may have some retention offers. You can try quoting the above reason for cancellation.
Worst case scenario is you cancel and get a new connection with one of the other family members name. You will get one month free trial also and will offset the cost of installation. But only issue is that you will get a new phone number.
Currently having an old Silver plan running. After that I will simply recharge for Gold plan for one month and immediately ask for the dual bad router from them. After completion of one month, I will shift to 399 plan for broadband usage and my Tata sky for TV viewing, as having some credit balance into it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock