Breaking Netflix added on Jio Fiber STB

MxopiXm.jpg
Well, that is a weird model number, one which I haven't heard of before.

Could you please take a look at the sticker on the backside of the STB? There should also be a similar sticker on the cardboard box that the STB came in.

Take a look and let us know if these stickers say 'IPSetTopBox' as well, and not a specific model number.

For example, my STB displays the specific model number in both the UI and the external stickers. Mine is an older model 1080p STB. The model number is JMC20211 :)

Well, that is a weird model number, one which I haven't heard of before.

Could you please take a look at the sticker on the backside of the STB? There should also be a similar sticker on the cardboard box that the STB came in.

Take a look and let us know if these stickers say 'IPSetTopBox' as well, and not a specific model number.

For example, my STB displays the specific model number in both the UI and the external stickers. Mine is an older model 1080p STB. The model number is JMC20211 :)
wwAX4EJ.jpg

Okay.

So it looks like your STB's Model Number is MCM3000 :)

Have you connected your STB to the Internet using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?

If you had not connected your STB to the Jio Modem using LAN cable even once since you bought it, that could be a possible reason for the STB still being on the 2018 (you had mentioned in your earlier comment that it was still in Dec 2017 patch. I am going off of your screen shot though, as it shows that the security patch is Dec 2018) security patch.

So let us try this, even if you had connected it using LAN cable before. If you don't have it connected to the Jio Modem using a LAN cable right now, please give that a try.

Connect it using LAN cable and leave it alone for a couple of hours. Then restart the STB using the option from settings:

Settings --> About --> Restart

If at all there is an OTA Update for your STB model number, it should receive it through direct connection using LAN (for the first time ever).

If nothing happens even after a couple of hours, then we can safely assume that the 2018 Security Patch is the latest available patch for your STB model.

🤞

P.S:
1) I realize only now, that your STB's model number is actually mentioned in the Version field of the UI screen shot that you first shared. It says MCM3000-4.16 :)

2) In fact, I am also realizing that even though the Security Patch Level is dated Dec 2018, the actual Build Date of the STB itself is dated January 2020. Notice the date in the Version & Build field from your UI sceeen shot. It says, 202001271133, which is Jan 27, 2020, immediately followed by probably the Build Number, which is 1133.

3) So, unless there is another Build for your STB model in 2020, I don't think you would receive another OTA Update.

4) Let us give the LAN cable thing a try anyway (unless you always have it connected using a LAN cable. you should be all set in that case 👍 )

Okay.

So it looks like your STB's Model Number is MCM3000 :)

Have you connected your STB to the Internet using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?

If you had not connected your STB to the Jio Modem using LAN cable even once since you bought it, that could be a possible reason for the STB still being on the 2018 (you had mentioned in your earlier comment that it was still in Dec 2017 patch. I am going off of your screen shot though, as it shows that the security patch is Dec 2018) security patch.

So let us try this, even if you had connected it using LAN cable before. If you don't have it connected to the Jio Modem using a LAN cable right now, please give that a try.

Connect it using LAN cable and leave it alone for a couple of hours. Then restart the STB using the option from settings:

Settings --> About --> Restart

If at all there is an OTA Update for your STB model number, it should receive it through direct connection using LAN (for the first time ever).

If nothing happens even after a couple of hours, then we can safely assume that the 2018 Security Patch is the latest available patch for your STB model.

🤞

P.S:
1) I realize only now, that your STB's model number is actually mentioned in the Version field of the UI screen shot that you first shared. It says MCM3000-4.16 :)

2) In fact, I am also realizing that even though the Security Patch Level is dated Dec 2018, the actual Build Date of the STB itself is dated January 2020. Notice the date in the Version & Build field from your UI sceeen shot. It says, 202001271133, which is Jan 27, 2020, immediately followed by probably the Build Number, which is 1133.

3) So, unless there is another Build for your STB model in 2020, I don't think you would receive another OTA Update.

4) Let us give the LAN cable thing a try anyway (unless you always have it connected using a LAN cable. you should be all set in that case 👍 )
From starting I connected my stb with lan only.. Anni never received any update till now.. My stb lags alot and I tried to set the resolution to 4k but it again revert back to 1080p and another problem hotstar is crashing always😢

Please help..!
I was planning to take 699 plans and seperately to subscribe to the OTT I actually watch. But today while in conversation with customer care they mentioned it is purely internet plan and STB will not even be accessible with those plans and even if it is accessible it will go off in sometime.

Is there anyone who is in 699 plan .. is the JIO STB running fine for you..?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock