Malouda wants to stay at Chelsea

Reaction score
Florent Malouda expects to stay at Chelsea and has reiterated his eagerness to extend his contract.

The France international has made over 180 appearances for Chelsea since joining from Lyon in 2007 and is under contract for a further two seasons.

He enjoyed an impressive first half to last term at Stamford Bridge, but has been linked with a summer exit, with the likes of AC Milan and Roma rumoured to be interested.

However, the 31-year-old has again confirmed he is keen to extend his contract by a further year following the appointment of Andre Villas-Boas as Carlo Ancelotti's successor.

Malouda says Villas-Boas had a hand in his arrival at Chelsea during Jose Mourinho's reign as manager and is confident he is at the right club.

"I have a contract that runs until 2013 in Chelsea," Malouda said.

"My career plan is to play at a high level until at least 2014. My ambition is to continue until 2014 in Chelsea.

"Since my arrival at Chelsea, I have had six coaches. At every transfer window we talk about my name.

"The coach was part of Jose Mourinho's staff and worked with him in my recruitment.

"This season I finished top scorer (for Chelsea) in the league, that means I'm getting better, it means perhaps also that I am in the right place."

Follow Chelsea in the run up to the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong this July on the official tournament page www.facebook.com/BarclaysAsiaTrophy

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2386208,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock