Lifetime Free Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card

I am not defending the bank or card, but it is always advised to clear the dues a few days before the due date to avoid these kind of issues. It always sucks when this happens and is blamed on technicality by bank representatives

Bro the issue was not about due date, my due date was 6th November, while I had already paid complete amount by 24th October, but they had removed some transactions from last month and added this 1194 transaction last month, so when I even paid the complete due amount they told me that as you haven't paid this Rs.1194 this month so you were charged interest, even I got sure that it was a mistake from my or cred side, but after looking closely and doing calculations found that ICICI have cleverly made a mistake from their end and to compensate have charged me additional interest of Rs.500 thats why that employee agreed to refund it back after arguing for 15 to 20 mins, I have been using HDFC Credit card from last 3 years and I am very particular about crediting back the amount in advance 4 to 5 days.

Beware while using this card

Every month my statement gets generated on 18th, so last month I made a payment on Zomato for Rs.1194 at 12:45 pm, and paid back this amount of 1194 via Cred app at 1:15 pm.

I am also using Cred Protect which automatically calculates the Due amount and everything by reading our statements so I checked Cred app at 1 pm on 18th October and I had to pay Rs. 7437 as outstanding amount, so I first paid Rs.1194 for the payment made at Zomato, and then returned back 6244 on 24th October and cred app was showing all paid no dues but ICICI team cleverly did some bluff and added debited amount of Rs.1194(spent on 18th Oct at 12:46 pm) in November's month statement, and credited amount of Rs.1194(added on 18th Oct at 1:15pm) to previous months statement and told me yesterday that I have paid Rs.1194 less this month so we have added interest of Rs.476 to your card and I was like WTH, and that very moment I just got blank not seeing credited amount of Rs.1194 in this month's statement, so gave up on them, but contacted Cred for the same and they told me that there should be no interest charges as I had already paid Rs.1194 and it should reflect, so checked my last months statement and they had added that amount to last months statement and made some wrong calculations.

So tweeted to ICICI yesterday and today got a call from them, and when I told them the issue, they were like although you had made the payment on 18th Oct to Zomato, it was confirmed by merchant on 20th so that is the reason it was reflecting in this months statement while the amount you added back of Rs.1194 was received by us immediately on 18th so it is showing in last month.

I told them that I have a message that Rs.1194 was deducted on 18th and in the statement also it is showing as 18th so why it didn't show in last months statement, and she kept blaming Zomato, after 15 mins of arguing I told her that I'll stop this card with immediate effect and would continue to use HDFC Credit card and also asked her to give the proof where it is showing that payment was accepted by Zomato on 20th October and if the same thing keeps happening in future then how many time would you blame merchants, to that she started giving excuses that we can't tell this blah blah and asked me to hold the call, after two mins she immediately told me that don't contact the merchant that is Zomato and we'll refund the extra interest amount as it was our mistake.

I don't know when or if they'll refund the amount or not, but she has told that it would be refunded in 2 to 3 days.

This is highly unethical that how banks like these loot and thug people in the name of interests, I am the one guy who trusts Cred and doesn't look at the statements but from now on need to keep a check on this regularly.

They are pretty much professional in playing with transaction dates. I have already updated this thread about my experience where I was charged twice for an EMI purchase (actually it was a cancellation that happened within 30 minutes of ordering). Upon raising it they asked me to contact the seller. After spending much time, they refunded the EMI amount and closed it. They play with date on statements and confuse us. I have been with HDFC for a while and their statements are very transparent.

FYI: I have been running behind them to get my email address changed and no luck over phone support/email. Twitter did it in 3 days.

@kumarvishwas bro, never use third-party apps like CRED to make credit card payments. These issues are bound to happen one time or the other. And also, don't worry about the extra interest being charged by the bank. If you are a long-time customer with them, they do refund interest amounts without any issue. But do not bother talking to the call center people, they don't care much. Deal either on email or twitter. In the past, even when I missed the due date a couple of times, they have immediately agreed to reverse the interest charged because of the missed payment.

1. I got the card approved and added to Amazon Pay account within 2 days of verification (not physically delivered).
2. I was only asked for my aadhar and pan card during verification.
3. My verification was done 4 days after applying with Amazon App.
4. I did not have any relation with ICICI Bank prior to this card.
5. I do have multiple other cards.
6. My CIBIL score is high.
7. My purchase history on Amazon is decent and since a long time.

Hope this helps someone.

1. I got the card approved and added to Amazon Pay account within 2 days of verification (not physically delivered).
2. I was only asked for my aadhar and pan card during verification.
3. My verification was done 4 days after applying with Amazon App.
4. I did not have any relation with ICICI Bank prior to this card.
5. I do have multiple other cards.
6. My CIBIL score is high.
7. My purchase history on Amazon is decent and since a long time.

Hope this helps someone.
Location?

I am an icici credit card holder.
I got card generated instantly which will be delivered within 7 days. Got 500 Amazon pay balance.

Currently I am staying in Bangalore, my hometown in Mangalore..i am staying with my aunt where i have not made rental agreement...so now I applied Amazon icici card..which and all documents they may ask ?

I have applied for this since 1 month. I have uploaded all doc's. Only physical verification pending. As I will be there in office from Monday to Friday, I told them to visit me on Saturday. They call me every Saturday, and ask for my presence. Very disappointed..

From Chennai

My excitement fizzled out once I logged into the icicibank website to check my card details. What others are saying about this cards lazy back end support may be correct. They've entered my full name twice. Once in the first name and second time in the last name. So my name appears as

FirstName MiddleName LastName FirstName MiddleName LastName

on their website and iMobile app. :)

I'll be very vary about dealing with these people. Good that this card is free, I'll just wait a few months and then request cancellation because they couldn't even get my name right.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock