Breaking Jio STB Sideload Apps Successfully

Can it be factory reset and then external app (specially, ----) be installed? I don't think in the very beginning I can manage the Jio guys and install other apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway Operators (Jio, Airtel & Tata sky) Smart boxes are not advisable, Fire stick or Mi box is a good idea.
Yes and then you have to take seperate subscription of the apps which will ultimately costs you more than these operator's services

Guys!

Finally I Was Able To Successfully Sideload The Apps In Jio Fiber STB,

It Works Fantastically!

There Are Some Complicated Things In Installing Apps, I'll Explain One By One!

You Need Brand New Jio STB (Which Should Have Not Connected To Internet Previously)

Keep Some Apps Readily In USB

ES File Explorer Or Some Other File Managers / Explorer And Some Good Browser With VPN

Let's Begin The Process

Switch On The STB Don't Connect The LAN Cable Or WiFi, Once Booted Plug USB Drive,

Go To Setting ---> Apps ---> System Apps ---> Package Installer Open It, Browse Apk Stored In USB And Install Them,

Once Installed Go To Setting ---> Security Give Them Permission Of Install From Unknown Sources, You Are Done Now Connect The Internet Android Will Get Updated But Your Apps Will Remain In STB,

Later You Can Install Apps From USB & Browser,

--------------------------------------------------------

The Most Critical Thing Will Be,,,

First Thing: How Will You Convince Jio Technician To Allow You To Install Apps Before First Use!

Here Honestly I Made Sure Engineer Have Some Weak Technical Knowledge About This Box And Speak Something Beyond His Knowledge About Box Then You Can Install The Apps As Per Process,,,,,

OzQ1s4N.jpg
___
Can I do this after reset of stb?

My jio stb already connected to internet if I could make factory reset will I be able to sideload apps ???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock