Breaking Jio STB Sideload Apps Successfully

Bro, Indeed it's a 4k STB. He is using it on FHd TV which won't support 4k resolution.
Your tv 1080p thats why not show 4k resolution.
My TV is 4K. The Jio STB's Settings (Resolution) still maxed out at 1080p. I checked this last in February. I will check it again in a week's time.

Moreover, it is the STB's ouput that goes to the TV. It does not work the other way around. As far as I can understand, a STB has no way of knowing if a TV connected on the other end of the HDMI cable has 4K capability or not. Because I don't think that a TV's HDMI "input" port sends anything back to the STB's HDMI "ouput" port (other than may be, the standard handshake between the two devices, which would establish that the STB is the SENDER and the TV is the RECEIVER of the audio & video signals from the STB).

Installed Netflix But

Netflix Not Allowing Me To Play In This Box

IMG-20200709-084731.jpg

My TV is 4K. The Jio STB's Settings (Resolution) still maxed out at 1080p. I checked this last in February. I will check it again in a week's time.

Moreover, it is the STB's ouput that goes to the TV. It does not work the other way around. As far as I can understand, a STB has no way of knowing if a TV connected on the other end of the HDMI cable has 4K capability or not. Because I don't think that a TV's HDMI "input" port sends anything back to the STB's HDMI "ouput" port (other than may be, the standard handshake between the two devices, which would establish that the STB is the SENDER and the TV is the RECEIVER of the audio & video signals from the STB).
Don't know the technical aspects of this but when I used fire tv on FHD tv, it's maxed out at 1080p and same stick is used at VU Premium TV which supports 4k/ Dolby vision, it starts showing same content in 5k. There must be some switch which tell the app/device that device is 4k or HD

Don't know the technical aspects of this but when I used fire tv on FHD tv, it's maxed out at 1080p and same stick is used at VU Premium TV which supports 4k/ Dolby vision, it starts showing same content in 5k. There must be some switch which tell the app/device that device is 4k or HD

Interesting 🤔

What The Hell?

If I Connect VPN

Internet Not Working In Jio STB

@mmadhankumar @Siva
That's called privacy, you should not use VPN, it's against internet service protocols and illegal.

On one hand, people are supporting the ban of certain Chinese applications and on the other hand, the same people are using VPN to access many applications. 😡

Last edited:
That's called privacy, you should not use VPN, it's against internet service protocols and illegal.

On one hand, people are supporting the ban of certain Chinese applications and on the other hand, the same people are using VPN to access many applications. 😡

Ok Understand But

When I Connect VPN Using Jio Hotspot Or Airtel Hotspot, ACT BB, Internet Working Well In Box,

How Come?

Are you trying to install the VPN on the STB itself? If yes, then yeah it may not work. It's because of DRM and HDCP laws. You might use the VPN and access US content on Prime or Netflix (or other) which isn't legally available in India. That violates the DRM and HDCP laws. Jio would be answerable for that. So jio might block the usage of VPN in their device.

However when you connect thru vpn from an external source that's not jio's problem. So they might not care about what you access.

Are you trying to install the VPN on the STB itself? If yes, then yeah it may not work. It's because of DRM and HDCP laws. You might use the VPN and access US content on Prime or Netflix (or other) which isn't legally available in India. That violates the DRM and HDCP laws. Jio would be answerable for that. So jio might block the usage of VPN in their device.

However when you connect thru vpn from an external source that's not jio's problem. So they might not care about what you access.

Got It!

Seriously Don't Understand, What Are All The Restrictions Going To Apply By Jio!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock