Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 125,798
I am afraid you will have to get an android device having such feature. Too bad most androids don’t have it. But some high end current devices might get it via a future software update.

OR

Get a new phone next year which will have improved 5G chipset which consumes less power.

First time got 5G signal and here are speed test results in Hyderabad.
XiNuQxP.jpg

Got this message few mins back

Your Jio number is ready for use.
For seamless data experience across the
country, set the 'Data Roaming' as On/Always.

To know 'How to Set up Jio Network' on mobile,
click YouTube
U3HCntJ5N74

Then checked My Jio app and True5G was enabled for my number. No other pop-up or SMS.

QmL1az9.jpg

And speed test is as below from my balcony which is Jio tower facing.

h0Z4kYq.png

Noticed some work was happening this Saturday but didn't expect 5G will be deployed within 3 days.

8OBzfpo.jpg

Last edited:
Android speed sucks. 500-800Mbps
Which mobile application even needs more than this? In fact even if it falls to just 200 Mbps once the network is fully loaded, it will still be sufficient for all the mobile requirements including buffer free 4K video streaming and lag-free gaming with heavy graphics or even for VR headset performance. Speed is something which no matter how much you have you will always wish for more, right now you find 1.3 Gbps as the ideal in a few years it will be in Tbps.

Which mobile application even needs more than this? In fact even if it falls to just 200 Mbps once the network is fully loaded, it will still be sufficient for all the mobile requirements including buffer free 4K video streaming and lag-free gaming with heavy graphics or even for VR headset performance. Speed is something which no matter how much you have you will always wish for more, right now you find 1.3 Gbps as the ideal in a few years it will be in Tbps.
Any application doesn't need it, but there should be some standard. Jio cannot always give reasons of low tariffs and poor network. For their engineers 2Mbps us true 4G speeds, where few countries have reached 400-800Mbps on LTE itself. These speeds are not even having any kind of load. 100Mhz should touch ideally 2Gbps. Jio has not been able to optimize it at all. Jio should keep tariffs at 299 for 2GB/day and 399 for 10GB/day and 499 for 20GB/day.

Got this message few mins back

Your Jio number is ready for use.
For seamless data experience across the
country, set the 'Data Roaming' as On/Always.

To know 'How to Set up Jio Network' on mobile,
click YouTube
U3HCntJ5N74

Then checked My Jio app and True5G was enabled for my number. No other pop-up or SMS.

QmL1az9.jpg

And speed test is as below from my balcony which is Jio tower facing.

h0Z4kYq.png

Noticed some work was happening this Saturday but didn't expect 5G will be deployed within 3 days.

8OBzfpo.jpg
Good for you! Here I'm fed up with clicking myjio 5G banner without having any success of getting 5G invite. Manual network selection shows there's 5G network in my place.

is anybody living near the airport lost access to 5g specially jio. I got the offer about 10 days back able to access 5g, the signal inside my house was excellent and I am getting 900 to 1100 Mbps but today evening phone was not able to connect 5g. The 5g plan is still active on my number

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock