Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 123,938
So when Jio says "Uhh you will get invite when we measure how much inches your phone is from their tower and they will carry out complex trigonometric maths using Super computers of Belgium (Belgaon actually)" They mean jack squat and their invite system is completely random almost on the verge of scammy.
Completely agree, their invite system is nonsense. My point was that even if you get currently coverage is so patchy that you are ought to be off of 5G.

Im using airtel and loose 5g signal even if I walk from one corner to another in my office.

I actually checked Dadar and Prabhadevi areas extensively yesterday and my iPhone did not even once switch to 4G when using Jio 5G network. Remarkable coverage.

Where as Airtel was totally opposite. They have 3-4 5G enabled towers in whole of Dadar and their coverage map in Speedtest.net app says entire Dadar is covered. So even Airtel is shady as hell.

Today received the first ever software update in my Moto G62, which enabled 5G support. Now I have to wait for 5G invite from Jio. Since both the phones are giving me 3 days of battery life (Single SIM, 4G + WiFi + Location always ON), the battery life degradation from 5G will not be more, I guess.

Something funky is happening. I removed my Jio Sim from iPhone 13 Pro Max and inserted it in spare phone Galaxy M33 and exact after 1 day of use, I got 5G unlimited Trial pack valid till Oct 2023! No Welcome offer message or anything. But my phone yet cannot latch to 5G network.

My Jio app shows 5G trial pack activated under My Plans. That's it.

Maybe "Insufficient Sim Security for 5G Standalone" is holding me back

Last edited:
Something funky is happening. I removed my Jio Sim from iPhone 13 Pro Max and inserted it in spare phone Galaxy M33 and exact after 1 day of use, I got 5G unlimited Trial pack valid till Oct 2023! No Welcome offer message or anything. But my phone yet cannot latch to 5G network.

My Jio app shows 5G trial pack activated under My Plans. That's it.

Maybe "Insufficient Sim Security for 5G Standalone" is holding me back
M33 updated for 5G support? It's on One UI 5 I guess.

Also iOS 16.2 Dev Beta 4 has just dropped

1. As expected, it didn't enable 5G Stanalone toggle on my wife's iPhone 13 Pro. She hasn't got 5G unlimited data pack added as well.

2. Mom's iPhone 12 got 5G offer tonight 11:30 pm and since her phone was having Standalone toggle enabled, it has latched onto Jio's 5G network.

3. My Samsung M33 is showing 5G unlimited data plan added but no Welcome offer. So cannot latch on 5G network yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock