Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 127,235
Anybody knows when will Jio deploy 5G VoNR for voice calling? It will reduce the burden on 4G network. It might also help improve battery life as phones will no longer need to be connected to 4G and 5G both.

Anybody knows when will Jio deploy 5G VoNR for voice calling? It will reduce the burden on 4G network. It might also help improve battery life as phones will no longer need to be connected to 4G and 5G both.
VoNR can provide only after Pan India 5G coverage (in 2024).

It will take time for sure. For one and half year, you will have to work with VoLTE itself. Jio is aiming for 600Mhz as well. Jio is looking for absolute quality customers with high pay recharges through 5G.

My all 3 Jio numbers received invite for 5G. But our excitement of 5G was over very soon. The battery consumption is RAPID. I had to literally toggle to LTE, battery went from 50 to 10% within 1 hour. IPhone mostly latching to band 28 while Samsung 21 FE to 78 at same place. Not sure, Samsung have better battery than iPhone while connected to 5G.

My all 3 Jio numbers received invite for 5G. But our excitement of 5G was over very soon. The battery consumption is RAPID. I had to literally toggle to LTE, battery went from 50 to 10% within 1 hour. IPhone mostly latching to band 28 while Samsung 21 FE to 78 at same place. Not sure, Samsung have better battery than iPhone while connected to 5G.
It will take time to optimize 5G just like 4G. SA takes time to deploy. Not an easy task when tariffs are rock bottom. 5G tariffs should be above 399 for 10GB/day for 28 days. Jio should implement these immediately in January to fast rollout of 5G. Airtel will loose its premium nature immediately.

Thankfully I am not seeing much of an issue with battery life on my iPhone 13 Pro Max with 99% battery health. After a day of heavy use, I am down to 60% at night. It latches to Band n78 mostly.

Thankfully I am not seeing much of an issue with battery life on my iPhone 13 Pro Max with 99% battery health. After a day of heavy use, I am down to 60% at night. It latches to Band n78 mostly.
Yes that may be the reason. My Samsung phone always latches to n78 and no battery issue.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock