• Views: Views 126,551
After updating 16.2 beta 4 jio 5g SA toggle enable :love:

ps: right now am using physical sim bt sa toggle disabled same as esim

dngzr7w.jpg

dngzr7w.jpg
Are kehna kya chahte ho?
What are you saying? Enabled or disabled?

So today morning I got Jio Welcome offer but cannot latch on 5G even on Samsung M33. So I inserted that sim back into my iPhone 13Pro Max and 5G standalone is still unavailable.

This is nonsense tbh!

5G standalone toggle is enabled for me(esim) as I checked just now, did not do any beta update after getting iOS 16.2 Beta 2 few weeks back.

So seems they are either enabling this randomly or in some other random way.

But still no welcome offer for me even though I probably spend most of my time in the areas highlighted by Ookla for Jio 5G coverage including my home.
BXjIrmB.png

@kumarvishwas
You will get 5G Trial offer soon in the next wave. I have Trial offer but it’s useless without SA toggle 😂

@TheAndroidFreak @AweMOnk @kumarvishwas
Guys: I have finally found a definite solution to Standalone toggle issue.

Get a replacement PHYSICAL sim and put it first in a non iPhone device which has 5G support (I used Samsung M33)

After using the replacement sim in such Android device for 10 mins, put it back into iPhone and get your Standalone toggle enabled. Now my iPhone has that enabled and I have latched to their 5G network with 5G Trial data added till 15th Oct 2023.

Peace ✌️

U8tQJXi.png

Currently Band n28 + n78 indoors

Last edited:

dngzr7w.jpg
This 5G auto mode looks like a really handy feature for areas with patchy 5G coverage. I wish Android adopts it from iOS.

Last edited:
This 5G auto mode looks like a really handy feature for areas with patchy 5G coverage. I wish Android adopts it from iOS.
In android use app Net Monster and it has a setting to enable hidden service menu where you can set it to NR exclusively or NR/LTE combo which is the same auto mode of iPhone or you can set it to LTE only.

When you select 5G network mode in android phones it means it's NR/LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto mode so you already got that feature in android, also some stock Android phones have option called smart 5G mode which switchs to 4G when 5G is patchy.

In android use app Net Monster and it has a setting to enable hidden service menu where you can set it to NR exclusively or NR/LTE combo which is the same auto mode of iPhone or you can set it to LTE only.
It's not just about the 5G only or 5G/4G mode. My issue is not the 3G and 2G radios consuming battery, since the 4G network has blanket coverage so if I set it to LTE mode preferred it's all good.
My issue is when I set it to 5G preferred on my android then the phone will latch to 5G network even if it has weak cellular reception compared to 4G, which in turn drains the battery.
In auto mode the phone will compare the signal quality of 4G and 5G in the area you are currently in and depending on which would give you the best performance with the least battery drain would be chosen.
In other words even if there is weak 5G in the area it will still prefer the 4G stable network but when you enter an area of good 5G coverage it will automatically switch to 5G.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock