Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 128,528
Got Jio 5G signals in my area today. Working only in balcony. Switching back to 4G indoors. Speeds are around 300-400mbps
I get it in my house indoors as well but the signal strength is weak. Though the good part is that Jio won't charge for the 5G data usage until there is blanket coverage like 4G to an extent that they can rely on VoNR the way they do with VoLTE.
Just like they kept renewing the 4G welcome offer for free until they had ironed out all the kinks, including the call drops and point of interconnect issue. Back then it was completely free and the other operators were raising concerns about predatory pricing under the guise of beta trial, but this time a base recharge of 239 has been made mandatory to be eligible for the 5G welcome offer so they aren't flouting any rules.
So enjoy the free usage in areas where you get good 5G coverage and for areas where you don't, you have your 4G to fall back upon.

I did not get Jio 5G welcome offer yet :( I am using Samsung S21 FE and am sure 5G is available around my place in Hyderabad. I could see 5G welcome banner on MyJio app and clicked on it multiple times with no luck yet.

Btw I am using 666 plan(1.5GB day for 84 days), is this plan not eligible for 5G welcome offer?

I did not get Jio 5G welcome offer yet :( I am using Samsung S21 FE and am sure 5G is available around my place in Hyderabad. I could see 5G welcome banner on MyJio app and clicked on it multiple times with no luck yet.

Btw I am using 666 plan(1.5GB day for 84 days), is this plan not eligible for 5G welcome offer?
The plan is eligible. Jio invite system is random like One Plus invite system.

One thing noticed, iPhone's latches to 5G everytime i restart it and stays for some 2 to 5 mins. Then turns to LTE however speed test are normal like 4G.

G503ffd.png

2pHMLLp.png

Jio 5G launched in all 33 district headquarters of Gujarat state. First state in India to achieve this milestone and Jio becomes the only operator to enable it.
JNixnwZ.jpg
Blanket coverage will take time. But as per my sources, only one in four site in Surat and Vapi has been covered. Speeds not crossing 1Gbps on One Plus 8T and nothing phone. Airtel is not serious about the Gujarat circle. Vi is dominant still through government plans and still aggressive in postpaid plans. But Jio unlimited will bring threat to everything now.

Blanket coverage will take time. But as per my sources, only one in four site in Surat and Vapi has been covered. Speeds not crossing 1Gbps on One Plus 8T and nothing phone. Airtel is not serious about the Gujarat circle. Vi is dominant still through government plans and still aggressive in postpaid plans. But Jio unlimited will bring threat to everything now.
+ jio server speed test also free

Blanket coverage will take time. But as per my sources, only one in four site in Surat and Vapi has been covered.
I can see Jio completing it's target of covering all talukas of India by December 2023. Even if it's not a blanket coverage they will make sure that all the talukas have at least a few network sites. Blanket coverage will be achieved by mid 2025.

I can see Jio completing it's target of covering all talukas of India by December 2023. Even if it's not a blanket coverage they will make sure that all the talukas have at least a few network sites. Blanket coverage will be achieved by mid 2025.
That's the most promising aspect of Jio, they try their best to increase coverage to every villages, not mentioning districts or Taluka because they're mostly covered.

Yeah that's possible. They are actually doing the work without making noise. They are close to no. Of sites of deployment stated by our telecom minister. Airtel is nowhere close despite being NSA.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock