Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 128,669
Band 3 has a total bandwidth of 75 MHz of which 55 MHz is for telecom and 20 MHz for defence in most circles. But lately the MoD has started to release 10 to 15 MHz from its 20 MHz and giving it to DoT for commercial telecom deployment. If this trend continues to a Pan India scale then Jio will easily get 20 MHz in band 3 in all circles.
But its done in few circles only right? I think, every circle will take time like five or more years, as few unliberised spectrum will get put into auction since 2024 from Vi+Airtel. Till that time, it makes no sense. Every spectrum should be moved from 4G to 5G by 2026(atleast from Jio). Fiber will be everywhere and Jio inhouse development will be at peak for 6G as well. So it doesn't make sense for spectrum to be available at that time. Till now RCom-Aircel resolution is not done yet. Band 1/3 spectrum is restricted because of it. Expecting whatever you said is almost impossible in next three years. It's better to release new band spectrum near to band 3. 1000Mhz-1800Mhz. It should be available in bulk so that Jio will buy it in first place itself. Few years back it was fragmented and hence harmonisation and all that stuff came into picture. I am hundred percent sure that Maharashtra band 3 spectrum deployment issue is due to the same reason. Also, instead of C-band, DoT makes availability of band 41 spectrum(which you mentioned) which will be beneficial for Vi's survival. Otherwise its death in one year is confirm.

Jio 5G in Chennai. Got the sim from relative who got invite to test
q1a2cJP.jpg

Got Jio 5G signals in my area today. Working only in balcony. Switching back to 4G indoors. Speeds are around 300-400mbps
Looks like N78 doesn't transmit through walls. I wonder what will happen with mmWave. They are planning to Launch FWA with it. Still long way to go in 5G blanket coverage despite 5000 sites per week.

You have Moto G series right?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock