Breaking Jio announces 5G Beta trial program with unlimited 5G in select cities

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 972
  • Views: Views 128,266
Are you getting coverage everywhere? I mean are signal shifting to 4G from 5G?
Stays connected to 5G at most times but the network strength is weak indoors and strong outdoors. Only shifts to 4G inside the elevator and similar areas. The coverage will get better as they constantly add more network sites for 5G.

Still no invite. My relative has invite but 5G standalone switch disabled on her iPhone 12. Another relative also has an invite and he is using a 4G Only phone (iPhone 11).

So clearly Jio info that you have to be in 5G network with compatible handset is TOTALLY BOGUS as expected.

Got to experience 5G on my relatives sim.
OjyKwdO.jpg

Stays connected to 5G at most times but the network strength is weak indoors and strong outdoors. Only shifts to 4G inside the elevator and similar areas. The coverage will get better as they constantly add more network sites for 5G.
N28 not deployed nearby your site. And the speed is from smal cell installed near your house. 40C-N78 is what led to this current speeds. Let's see. I hope DoT releases more mid band FDD spectrum for Jio, if band 3 then best. Jio needs 20Mhz Band 3 PAN India. Jio should have got band 3 in Mumbai, instead of Maharashtra circle.

N28 not deployed nearby your site. And the speed is from smal cell installed near your house. 40C-N78 is what led to this current speeds. Let's see. I hope DoT releases more mid band FDD spectrum for Jio, if band 3 then best. Jio needs 20Mhz Band 3 PAN India. Jio should have got band 3 in Mumbai, instead of Maharashtra circle.
Band 3 has a total bandwidth of 75 MHz of which 55 MHz is for telecom and 20 MHz for defence in most circles. But lately the MoD has started to release 10 to 15 MHz from its 20 MHz and giving it to DoT for commercial telecom deployment. If this trend continues to a Pan India scale then Jio will easily get 20 MHz in band 3 in all circles.

Still no invite. My relative has invite but 5G standalone switch disabled on her iPhone 12. Another relative also has an invite and he is using a 4G Only phone (iPhone 11).

So clearly Jio info that you have to be in 5G network with compatible handset is TOTALLY BOGUS as expected.
I dont think iPhone Jio 5G will come until the official 16.2 update

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock