Seeking Help Issue with my PC

Ashok L

Reaction score
I have a Dell PC with 4 GB Ram, Dual core processor running in Windows 7 Ultimate...
For past 3 months, my pc is very slow and I am unable to do anything. When I checked the task manager I found a program svchost.exe consuming nearly 3.5 GB of Ram but CPU usage is only 2%. Only 2 to 3 MB of RAM is only free.

Please suggest a way to solve this issue

I have a Dell PC with 4 GB Ram, Dual core processor running in Windows 7 Ultimate...
For past 3 months, my pc is very slow and I am unable to do anything. When I checked the task manager I found a program svchost.exe consuming nearly 3.5 GB of Ram but CPU usage is only 2%. Only 2 to 3 MB of RAM is only free.

Please suggest a way to solve this issue
Please follow this guide bro:

Thanks for sharing
Gone through the whole article and found this part of quite interesting ...
=====
".....While it’s possible that a virus has replaced the real Service Host with an executable of its own, it’s very unlikely. If you’d like to be sure, you can check out the underlying file location of the process. In Task Manager, right-click any Service Host process and choose the “Open File Location” option...."
=======
I had, quite a tough time troubleshooting many Pcs (Xp , Windows 7) to get rid of such Virus.
@Ashok L bro you should try to check your autostart entries

Last edited:
Thanks Bapun and Zmint bro. I will try this tomorrow. I think it might be a virus.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock