Discussion Is the iPhone worth buying at the premium price?

FYI , My comment on this thread not abt you as I conveyed here previous post and I didn't mean you at all .. my comment purely general one not abt any individual 🙂 .. coming to here I don't u need to replace android phone twice a year and I don't think apple will come 6 years of usage as per opinion and reality came across till now .. yes I'm not techie so siva anna may give light into This 🙂

Don't worry. I didn't take ur comments personally. In general I said the above.

U won't believe my phone already is getting slow in 1 year of usage.

Do you think there will be any launch offers or any discount on price or cards on the new apple India online store when it launches on 23rd September?

Very happy to have discovered this thread. Like most Indians, even for the Apple level of simplicity, privacy and protection, I do not think paying more than ₹50k is justifiable for me. I normally buy phones for ₹15k or less. However, Android is getting more and more slow and irritating by the day, even with a relatively nice OEM (Xiaomi has been excellent so far). In the long run, say within 5 years, I definitely see myself buying an iPhone, and it will be even better if Apple gets rid of the notch. Since I study in Singapore, this is of importance regarding budget. But in the next 1 or 2 years, the only Apple product I see myself buying is the iPad with student pricing. Nevertheless, with Apple producing the iPhone XR and now the iPhone 11 in India, the iPhone is only going to get more and more affordable (in relative terms, of course; a sub-₹35k iPhone with Face ID, before discounts, is too much to expect). But it is definitely a step in the right direction as Apple now has phones from ₹40k all the way to ₹1.4 lakh. The only true problem is the lack of expandable storage, as 64GB fills up quickly, but everything else makes the price absolutely worth it. For the record, my dad has an iPad already that he uses for work, and I plan to buy the basic iPad next year once the price becomes better.

Last edited:
I do not prefer spending on mobiles, used to buy mobiles for 12k or less, it should not be a style statement or status symbol, every mobile will get outdated in 2-3 years whether it is iphone or any other phone, will keep my mobile for 5-8 years until it stopped working completely.

Very happy to have discovered this thread. Like most Indians, even for the Apple level of simplicity, privacy and protection, I do not think paying more than ₹50k is justifiable for me. I normally buy phones for ₹15k or less. However, Android is getting more and more irritating by the day, even with a relatively nice OEM (Xiaomi has been excellent so far). In the long run, say within 5 years, I definitely see myself buying an iPhone, and it will be even better if Apple gets rid of the notch. Since I study in Singapore, this is of importance regarding budget. But in the next 1 or 2 years, the only Apple product I see myself buying is the iPad with student pricing. Nevertheless, with Apple producing the iPhone XR and now the iPhone 11 in India, the iPhone is only going to get more and more affordable (in relative terms, of course; a sub-₹35k iPhone with Face ID, before discounts, is too much to expect). But it is definitely a step in the right direction as Apple now has phones from ₹40k all the way to ₹1.4 lakh. The only true problem is the lack of expandable storage, as 64GB fills up quickly, but everything else makes the price absolutely worth it. For the record, my dad has an iPad already that he uses for work, and I plan to buy the basic iPad next year once the price becomes better.
But what about app available issue in apple store 🤔 .. still first preference to application launch medium is play store only most important application only launching in istore

But what about app available issue in apple store 🤔 .. still first preference to application launch medium is play store only most important application only launching in istore
In order to develop iOS apps you need to have a MacBook whereas Android apps can be developed from any PC. Also, Apple takes a big share of app revenues. Therefore smaller developers will naturally prefer Android. However, any company that is even moderately big will definitely have an iOS app.

In order to develop iOS apps you need to have a MacBook whereas Android apps can be developed from any PC. Also, Apple takes a big share of app revenues. Therefore smaller developers will naturally prefer Android. However, any company that is even moderately big will definitely have an iOS app.
Yeah that's what my concern .. still Apple users minimum in our country due to various reasons in that main reason is apps unavailability

Most apps/games I was using on Android are available on iOS too. I used to miss the SMS Organizer app, however with iOS 14, the SMS categorization is inbuilt and it works pretty well. Just to let you know, quite a few app updates first land on iOS before coming to Android. Viceversa is true too, but just saying!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock